melton cycle jumble and ride 2.10.2011. AFTERMATH

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
THE JUMBLE

Melton has an annual cycle jumble and was well worth the visit! we purchased
some bits and bobs. the offerings were typically road stuff but, some mtb thrown in and we vultures see that these parts are found ;)

so, a short walk back to the start point in welton gave us enough time to boast on our purchases and get on our bikes up into the wolds. what else is there to do on a sunday?

THE RIDE.
on this day, slm racing, chrisv40, marc two tone, fluffychicken, andyB took a blast round east yorkshire's woodland and bridal way and some off the river humber(generally clocking up the brakes and gears).

the rather odd but welcome blistering heat of late was subdued by some cloud cover making the ride much more comfortable but, still warm enough! nice to see you guys. iv'e had a great day out! NOS purple crud catcher pic to follow(from jumble, for peanuts).

more pics and post ride commentary to follow....

DSCF0237.jpg

the bikes.

DSCF0232-2.jpg

DSCF0231-2.jpg

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0229.jpg

typical old bike! 1hr 25mins behind.
DSCF0233.jpg

river of babylon, for this hound! we laughed in sheer amazement at how this dog blasted up this banking after a splash in the humber. this pick somehow shallows the angle but, it seemed a sheer drop at the time. :LOL:

DSCF0239-1.jpg

After the entertaining dog climb incident we succumbed to the rivers' fine mud and grit.

DSCF0240-2.jpg

A close-by leisure lake proved useful to wash off the excess mud. impromptu entertainment thrown in!

DSCF0241-2.jpg

this was one beauty sarnie! most welcome as i was starving ;)

DSCF0253.jpg

thats the lot. see you again.

It was nice to see you lot and I got got some shiny shiny from the jumble. Box rummaging is great.

Much easier ride this time, at least for me.
Nice views and not just the scenery ;)
As soon as I got home and chris went it started to rain on me, but bike is all sprayed down and back to it's original weight.

Sorry for the slightly expensive lunch, but I was certainly full.

welton

the food was very good, worth the dosh.

I've got a beltin' shot of that mountain goat deguised as an over-weight labrador. Watch this space. ;)

Cracking day out and great to see you all again roll on the next one :D

Just in from the pub and the biggest carvery I have ever had, feeling very full now :LOL:

The bike is still covered in that treacle like mud I so kindly introduced you all to.

A few pics I took coming soon.

The food was expensive, but you get what you pay for and it was well worth it, as for the dogs scaling a 20 foot drop then into the Humber for a swim, was impressive, but I never thought they would be able to climb back up the cliff, which they did, 4 leg drive is the future :D :D :D, A good ride and hard to believe it was the second of October and 24 degrees.

Few pics from me but I'm sure Marc will have a much better selection shortly.

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

Agreed the food was well worth the money but £2.50 for a can of coke :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL:

Another superb day out on the bikes :cool:

Dry dusty trails with the exception of riding through the Humber :LOL:

Welton ride 1 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Welton ride 2 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Welton ride 3 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Welton ride 4 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Welton ride 5 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Looking forward to the next ride already.

I will be announcing the Remembrance Day ride at Binbrook (2nd World War RAF airfield) soon, a rather apt location for such a ride. It will take place on Sunday 13th November starting at 10am. Hope to see you there.

Back