Sunday 25th Repack Recce

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Picture107.jpg

Just thought I'd ask if anyone fancies a ride this Sunday, as I'm doing a recce of the route we will be using for the Repack ride.

If your interested the start point is:-
Lord Stones Café
Carlton Bank
Carlton in Cleveland
Stokesley
North Yorkshire
TS9 7JQ

I was thinking of a 10am start with coffee and cake at the end, if your interested in joining please let me know so I don't leave without you.

cheers kaya

I'm working on sunday but I do have saturday 1st of October free for a spot of riding.......or do you guys fancy popping up here to ride with me and the old git?

Si

Dr S":2ozk851g said:
I'm working on sunday but I do have saturday 1st of October free for a spot of riding.......or do you guys fancy popping up here to ride with me and the old git?

Si

Will ask the lads tonite if they can make the 1st up your way, if not then we will have to sort something out ;)

When is the repack ride and approx how long is it , keep hearing it mentioned and sounds like a good do but can't find any hard n fast details ?
Matthew

Cheers for that , I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it earlier when looking , by retro only I take it you mean pre 97 (I'm on full rigid 92 bike so no probs but I've got a friend with a 98 Marin that might be interested).
Matthew

Matthews":2ocild4q said:
Cheers for that , I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it earlier when looking , by retro only I take it you mean Prue 97 (I'm on full rigid 92 bike so no probes but I've got a friend with a 98 Marin that might be interested).
Matthew

To be honest I would think a 98 Marin possibly would have been built in 97 ;)

So is it just Marc and myself in the morning? its a 12mile ride at a steady pace, so any more takers?

what we think

well, the persistent rain that caught us halfway round or so caused us(me) to take extra care but, any standing water was clearly visible and easy enough to ride through.

plenty of awesome single-track and stone-staircase descents with some climbing to add some variation. there are sections which require a push but a good opportunity to regroup and grab a drink.

the views were shrouded in low cloud but you certainly got the gist of how high up and how much of a privileged position you were in.

the downhill section for afters :) one or two deep ruts in the upper third to go round but the rest is a blast, just take care and get some decent tires on as the lower half is grassy and if wet semi-slicks may feel skitty.

lets see who gets down the quickest in a non-competitive manner ;)

have fun :cool:

DSCF0223.jpg

Back