Saturday 27th August. NYM. The Blue Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Saturday 27th August. The Blue Man.

North Yorkshire Moors National Park.

Start- 10:00

Location- Gill View Car Park, Hunt House, Goathland. MR 94/814991

Route- rarely used singletrack, double track, moors and forest. Approx 21 miles.

Who's game?

Yep will be there, theres some superb singletrack in this area so Im looking forward to it.
Helps that its on my door step as well ;)

The official opening party for our new restaurant so no chance for me.

Is this going up onto the Roman road Si?

Whats "The Blue Man" refer to?

The Blue Man refers to a boundary stone on Wheeldale Moor known locally as Blue man i thi moss. There is a cracking bit of singletrack that runs beside it which runs west to east over the moor which means you usually have a tail wind. It is ever so slightly downhill too which means you can do it at a fair old crack. As far as i'm aware it has never been in any route books or websites and isn't very well know outside the locale. If you ever mention it to Gil he cracks a wide grin and nods sagely.

The rough route is....
Wheeldale, Simon Howe, Wardle Green, Waterpale Slack, Stoney Moor, Peat Road, Elleron Lodge, Cawthorn Bank, Keldy Castle, Sutherland Road, St James Farm, Hammer Moor, Blue Man to finish. 100% off road and 22 miles total. Lots of ups and downs but all easy.

Si

Count me in for this one, between me and Marc two tone transport is sorted either way see you all on Saturday. :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back