Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Saturday 21st May

Northumberland's Best Kept Secret

Thrunton Woods

3964978765_6c8b896946.jpg
3964978771_e2251c5f8f.jpg

Its time to make the journey north to Northumberland to visit Thrunton woods, this is not a trail center and there is NO cake.

But for natural trails and moorland riding its some of the best in the north of England and the chance to maybe ride with some of the clan Macretro.

4025717757_976facfb2c_b.jpg

DISTANCE
"Till we get tired"

TIME
10am Meeting time 10:30am Start

THE PLAN
Meet at 10am for a 10:30am start, ride till about 12:30pm and then lunch, After lunch ride for a few more hours.

There are no facility's at Thrunton so you will need to bring every thing you need like food & drink, it would also be a good idea to bring a change of riding kit (just in case of inclement weather)

The trails are quite tough with big uphills and long technical descents so be prepared

4026469536_4497233703_b.jpg

"ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH"

Previous aftermaths HERE and HERE

Hold on a second ........

How come this one gets its own thread after the statement regarding keeping the place quiet :

I've heard that people are GPSing routes that were secret then announcing them to the world on open forums. Thrunton is struggling after the winter at the moment, so its best that the access stuff stays out of the public domain

:shock:

public domain - check
open forums - check

double standards

Simonside resident":2zc2j2g6 said:
Because it wont be using "secret" trails thats why.

So the trails at Thrunton aren't secret, interesting!

I was chastised by you and Andy on the Frankencrank forum about posting secret routes on public forums!! LoL

Spoke to Si about this (i think he and Vern are leading) and he is keeping us away from the more 'sensitive' areas and will be using the more XC friendly tracks which are more suitable for retro bikes. The afternoon riding will be at a different spot away from Thrunton yet to be named.

I'm coming up on the friday and might do one of the 7stanes on the sunday if anyone is interested?

VEGAS!":yigzoog6 said:
Spoke to Si about this (i think he and Vern are leading) and he is keeping us away from the more 'sensitive' areas and will be using the more XC friendly tracks which are more suitable for retro bikes. The afternoon riding will be at a different spot away from Thrunton yet to be named.

I'm coming up on the friday and might do one of the 7stanes on the sunday if anyone is interested?

I thought Si was leading this; some of the steep bits aren't retro friendly, as Si's found out in the past!

I'll email Geoff Apps and find out if he's still coming.

Back