Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This is a going to be a nice get together with 2 other area groups, Anglian & Lincolnshire and Midlands and hopefully we can get a good turn out although I realise its a fair old trek for a lot of you.

The few of us who made it last year had a fantastic day once the monsoon conditions cleared away to leave a lovely sunny day - Last years aftermath thread

The format will be the same as last year which was a morning ride followed by a leisurely lunch at the excellent cafe and then a few more hours riding in the afternoon.

I will confirm start times and details of where to meet a bit nearer the time.

Let me know if you would like to come so I can let Mat (unocogero) know, as he will be leading us round the best off piste parts of Sherwood :D

Thanks,

Chris & Mat.

Riders

chrisv40
unocogero
rc200ti
drystonepaul
Andy B
longun (99%)
lewis1641
marc two tone
saltyman (possible)
Tazio (Possible)
brocklanders023
Fluffychicken
Rich Aitch
mikeekim89 (possible)
kaya
MrLee
Elpedro

Final details are now in place :)

We will be meeting in the main car park (postcode - NG21 9JL) at 10.00am for a 10.30-11.00am start which will give those that require it plenty of time for some breakfast. The car park is £3.00 and the machine takes debit cards if you forget your change.

The morning ride will take us round some of the Pines fantastic singletrack and no doubt Mat will throw in some of the off piste trails he knows so well, which those of you with wide bars might find a little tricky :LOL:

We will be back at the visitor centre around 1ish for a leisurely lunch then the afternoon will continue with more of the forest's best trails.

The ride is suitable for all fitness levels and all abilities so please come along and join in :)

The Retrobike rides policy now requires all riders to wear a helmet so please ensure you all bring one. The last thing myself and Mat want to be doing is turning riders away before we have even started.

Thanks and I look forward to a good days riding with those of you who can attend,

Chris.

Attachments

• the_pines_112.jpg
    the_pines_112.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 983
Can't wait for this, matt puts on an awesome ride.

I think last year there were morefrom yorkshire than lincolnshire!

Tazio":3ldlh7bm said:
Mmm, about 5 hours drive. I'll have a think as it looks like a good day out.
If you love singletrack with tight twisty sections through trees not much wider than your bars you'll love it!

It's relatively flat too, so no major long slog climbs ;)

Andy B":1e0kbkdb said:
Tazio":1e0kbkdb said:
Mmm, about 5 hours drive. I'll have a think as it looks like a good day out.
If you love singletrack with tight twisty sections through trees not much wider than your bars you'll love it!

It's relatively flat too, so no major long slog climbs ;)

By June I plan to be at peak fitness and I'll laugh in the face of climbs. Getting my front mech sorted will help as well. And I've got a nice set of narrow bars somewhere to save my dignity.

Put me down as a maybe.

im on 24hr callout that day and if i miss that, this ride could cost me over £400 with wages and fuel expenses :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back