Tails of Trails and Cake (Kildale Cake run)

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
And then there was three :roll:

That was my last post before Saturday morning and looking at the weather we were GOING TO GET WET :( The idea of the ride was to head to kildale over the moors via Captain Cooks monument using as much natural singletrack as possible, Eat lots of cake and then do the same on the way back to PVC and those that want to can come and play in the woods with us for the rest of the day :cool:

PVC 9am Wind 20 mph+, Storm Clouds overhead and looking like Rain any second :(
9:30 All three of us are getting ready to ride, Not to much faffing and were off. We decided to ride the off piste trails rather then over the exposed moors. We stopped at the obligatory vista points and watched the rain in the distance and wondered when it would be are turn :LOL: But we managed to miss it some how (see pics) After lots of fun trails we soon rolled in to Kildale tea rooms Mmmmm cake. We feasted on toasties, cake and hot drinks but mrlee let the side down buy having eyes bigger than his belly :LOL:

Fueled up we headed back to Guisborough woods again via as many singletrack trails as possible, Somewhere along the ride mrlee picked up a hitchhiker :shock: We named it TOCK the TICK :shock: :shock: We all spent the next five minutes checking are selves for TICKS! More trails and many smiles later we were heading back to PVC and the day was over, The sun was out as well :cool: We started at 9:45 and finished at 4:30, I think we covered about 20+ miles and rode many different trails :cool:
All three of us had some sort of crash or three :LOL: But there was no lasting damage to bikes or riders.

Thanks to mrlee and Paulieb for making it a fantastic day, And now the pics :cool: :cool:

Pisst mrlee is from the N/W mob but don't tell them he temporally
defected over to the Yorkies :LOL: :LOL:

Looking at the back of Roseberry Topping
IMG_2567.jpg

Rain in the distance over Teeside
IMG_2568.jpg

Almost at the top of Captain Cooks monument
IMG_2570.jpg

Looking back from Captain Cooks monument towards Roseberry Topping
IMG_2572.jpg

More storm clouds this time over the Cleveland Hills
IMG_2573.jpg

Paulieb hangin off the back
IMG_2575.jpg

Me suckin lemons
IMG_2576.jpg

Hidden gems
IMG_2577.jpg

Mrlee needs a sugar rush
IMG_2579.jpg

Chimps tea party
IMG_2580.jpg

Just jam it all in
IMG_2582.jpg

Eyes bigger than his belly
IMG_2581.jpg

Sunshine and a tail wind, What more can you ask for
IMG_2583.jpg

Blue sky's over Highcliffe
IMG_2584.jpg

Time for bed! ;) and thanks for reading this :D

Wish I could have joined you guys. I miss the moors and your company.
Not long to BDW now.

sorry to be a let down guy's but it was too demanding to be a pet so it was hastily removed and :? :?
as for the ride youv'e got some fine singletrack up there ile be back :cool: :cool:
had a great day i thinks long sleeves are in order nextime ouch my arms :)

;) nice pics, and a ride i will have to do one day.

i had to settle for a gentle 17mile lap of the tyne to entertain me while im recovering from this damn knee.

So that's what you where doing as I was travelling back from the lakes (would you believe in Hawkshead and with no bike at all for a week!).

Hopefully more of us can make it up .. down or across next time.

Back