2010 BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
4397664471_7ae1b8197a_b.jpg

GOATHLAND, NORTH YORKSHIRE MOORS NATIONAL PARK.

Here it is, NE&YORKS Area Group's annual flagship event. Back again, bigger and better than ever. New routes, new location, new campsite.

Whats new in 2010?
The biggest change this year is the location. The event will be based in the village of Goathland set right amongst the moors. We have a much better campsite this year, located just a few minutes ride from Goathland's numerous shops, pubs and cafes, with exclusive use of a separate area with full facilities, showers, toilets, a fire pit etc. to make your non-riding time more enjoyable. It could not be more retro either, it is right beside the NYM Railway with it's wonderful old steam Locos thundering past on the hour.
We also have a new format. This year the event officially starts on the Friday evening for those who really want to make a weekend of it. Friday will comprise of a short but sharp evening ride followed by a BBQ and no doubt a few ales in the local pubs.
Saturday will follow last year's popular format, show and shine in the morning, main ride followed by our evening entertainment, food, drink, competitions and our 'Bring and Buy Bike Parts Jumble'
Sunday this year is optional, those with long journeys home or hangovers can say their goodbyes whilst the hardcore can join Gil and Co around the best off-piste parts of nearby Dalby.

The Recce has been completed, the campsite is booked, the Cafe is opening early and the local brewery is on red alert. All it needs now is you!

4720417668_80eb80ed35.jpg

SCHEDULE
FRIDAY 6TH

16:00 Campsite opens
19:00 Evening ride, approx 7 miles of mixed trails, 90% off road. No lights needed.
21:00 Pub finish and BBQ

SATURDAY 7TH
9:00 Show and Shine
, Concours Judging at 9:30. This years theme- 'Keep it Steel' Several awards up for grabs.
10:00 Breakfast in Goathland
11:00 The Big Dirty Rideout. 24 miles of singletrack heaven taking in the best of the local Moorland and Forest trails. Mid Ride bailout option, Pub Stop at mid distance. Suitable for all fitness and skill levels.
17:00 Pub Finish. Evening meals available.
20:00 Evening entertainment. BBQ, Beers, Competitions, Awards for concours comp, all around the bonfire with oldskool tunes served up by DJ Andy B until the early hours.

SUNDAY 8TH
10:00 Breakfast in Goathland
11:00 Dalby. Optional 3 hour ride around Dalby's finst secret trails with Gil.

FURTHER INFO
If camping isn't for you there are planty of local options. B&B's, fine Hotels or the local Youth Hostel. Please PM Dr S or Gil_M for details and we will point you in the right direction.

CAMPSITE WEBSITE HERE
POSTCODE FOR SATNAV YO22 5NH

TRAVEL
Goathland is situated just off the A169 approx 12 miles SE of Whitby and 15 miles north of Pickering (nearest supermarkets etc.). The nearest train station is Grosmont from where you can take the steam train down to Goathland.

COSTS
This is a free event but camping is £6 per night. The mid-ride bailout option is again by steam train back to Goathland from Levisham Station and costs £9. The organizers will be providing a few beers no doubt but if you do tend to be a thirsty beast please bring what you need! BBQ is a bring yer own affair but we will have refridgeration available to keep it fresh- so again please plan ahead.

So there you have it. More details to follow over the coming weeks. Please register your interest below. Any questions just send me a PM.

See thi oop on't moor!

Dr S
On behalf of the BDW Team

3761746722_82cbf1270a.jpg

3684124970_ff9b0784df.jpg

3683314377_513baafb1d.jpg

3761743798_640e7912cd.jpg

Roll of Honour 30/6
Gil_M
Ian_S
Dr S
Kaya
John
Mrlee
Tim Backdated
Julie Backdated
Orange71
Sinnett
Brocklanders
FluffyChicken
Chris V40
Cornholio's RC200
Andy B
Defiant
Beavis
D_ZX
M-Trax
MrKawasaki
elpedro666
Beagle
TedC
BarnsleyMick
Wolfiepies
Mistermonkeywrench
Giant-One

Yet to confirm
Velomaniac
Mikee
Longun
Toons
P20
MJN

I for one can't wait :D (Current holder of Best Downhiller and Best Crash awards at last year's event - both earned in the same race :oops: :LOL: ).

Hoping to be there all three days (in one piece preferably :shock: )

its mikef350's wedding that weekend.

how much of a mate is he... :twisted:

gutted

:D :D :D Book me in Dr! Should be there all 3 days but probably only ride Saturday (arrive too late Friday, thick head Sunday :oops: ) Do I need to contact the campsite?

Really looking forward to this! :cool:

The campsite is pre booked. Someone will do a head count at some point and take payment. Everything is in hand guys, just turn up and enjoy yourselves ;)

Cant wait for this :D

I will be travelling up early Saturday morning with Fluffychicken all being well.

Whats the route like? Rigid friendly or will I be best with some bounce?

Anything is rigid friendly if you are man enough. Me, EdOrange and the Guvnor used fully rigid bikes last year and it was fine. This years route is 60% new but the trails and character are the same.

Have booked the weekend off work, will try to book the Friday too.

If anyone has some tunes they would like to hear on Saturday night PM me for an email addy to send them to, requests also taken by PM*

This year I have 2 bikes that fall into the Keep it Steel category, although neither are award winning bikes :LOL:

Looking forward to this, if it's half as good as last year it'll be twice as much fun as you've ever had on a bike ;)

*Any requests for me not to bring a modern bike may fall on deaf ears, I want to retain my Shonky Shed title, it's the only award I've ever won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back