Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

NE&YORKS Present

The Cut Gate Killer Sunday May 19th

Distance: 13 to 20ish miles

Link to start point :- https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... SlBE&msa=0

Grade: 3.5

Meeting Point: Langsett Res'r, approx 4 miles north of Stocksbridge, South Yorkshire. Postcode: S36 4GY is for the Waggon & Horses pub, the car park is just before/just after this pub. Free parking and toilets.

Time: 10:00am meet for 10:30am start. This is a long ride and don't expect to be back at the start point until tea time if we do the full route.

Route: A long climb over the legendary Cut Gate and down to Ladybower and Derwent Reservoirs. Technical singletrack all the way with some steep descents. We then continue along the waterside to the cafe. we then return along the shores of the reservoir and climb Margery Hill before the final 6 mile descent back to the start point. Some of the UKs finest natural singletrack is on offer!

"Pic stolen from P20"
3476684212_86168a2ae7_b.jpg

Interested...... it just happens that a similar route was take by Dr S some Nine years ago...

Here's a link to the Aftermath:- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58658

And here's a link to another Aftermath:- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=323460

I PROMISE the ride wont be as hard as the Dr's epic day out, but the the vistas will be just as epic...

I'm in the Peaks on holiday until the 17th! I will see if I can make the necessary arrangements to lengthen the holiday and join in.

Re:

I’ll put my name down.

Would it be wise to bring a bike with a granny ring?

Re:

Depends how much of the climb you want to ride - the steep side up from the ladybower end coming back will probably be largely be a walk for many, but the several miles of descent afterwards is well worth it. I'd personally be more focussed on things to help with getting down over rocks well (like big tyres).

I've done it one way as part of a 50 odd mile loop on a single speed and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back