Stu's Birthday Bash, North Yorkshire Moors 06/04/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well it is my 40th birthday, so what better way to spend it riding bikes around gods own country

:: Date: Saturday the 6th April 2019

:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.

:: Meeting at: Main car park Goathland, Whitby YO22 5LX

Provisional meeting point, this could change

:: Terrain: Moorland singletrack, doubletrack and quiet country lanes.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

:: Route: Saturday - Approx 20 miles. The route takes in some of the best trails on the moors, secret woodland singletrack, steam trains and outstanding views.
There is one long tarmac climb, it's quite hard, but the reward at the top is the pub and lunch*. After lunch it's back onto the moors for second half of the loop which takes in the Hole of Horcum, more singletrack with a fantastic decent back to Goathland.

Attachments

• ont moors 2.jpg
    ont moors 2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5,110
  • ont moors.jpg
    ont moors.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5,110
Re:

Couldn't care less if it's my Saturday at work, not missing this for anything, count me in, dangerous Brian will be there haha :)

Re:

The Levisham route then , food at Horseshoe I guess after we’ve all died riding/pushing up from station , ya need to edit opening post Stu , you’ve said Sunday , good ride so I’m planning on being there .

Re:

I have my new Surly ECR (early birthday present) for this ride, need to bed the Brooks saddle in :facepalm:

Dont worry the reflectors have been removed since the picture was taken, anyway pass me the olives and the hummus :D

Attachments

• Surly ECR1.jpg
    Surly ECR1.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 4,657
Re:

You'll have sore big toes by the end, mate. Threaded big toes at that! :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

Hope to make it to this, as never ridden that area. Was speaking to Matthew on Sutton ride, and said I shouldn't miss it! So guess I'll have to be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back