Lords Stones Loop?

eldridge

Old School Hero
Evening, anyone familiar with the Lord Stones Loop at Carlton Bank? I remember reading a bit about it years ago in a mtb mag and it looked great, iirc it was about 12 miles long and plenty of singletrack, I've had a shifty at some OS maps but can't really see what it would be. Would love to find any info on it.

A google search just seemed to find similar questions to mine

Re:

Ah brill thanks Kaya!

I'll be able to figure it from the google map, better still I'll come and join you all for the rides...Can't believe I've been on RB for a good while and never even found this section for us Yorkshire lads :$

Only bit of moors I know is Black Hambleton and the bit of Cleveland Way, I used to know a good loop there but have long since forgotten it! Good to find alternatives to Dalby as it be getting very busy there now weathers turning

Just have to choose which Marin to take...

Cheers!

Re:

There's a ride from Sutton Bank on the 23rd of April if your looking to explore the moors,

Here's a link to the announcement... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=365608

We're a mixed bag of riders and ride for enjoyment and a trip to the pub/cafe etc

Re: Re:

kaya":12gqlidd said:
We're a mixed bag of riders and ride for enjoyment and a trip to the pub/cafe etc

Sounds perfect!

Cheers yes not sure yet if I'd make it to the Sutton Bank ride but sure I'll tag along for some this year

Re:

Managed to get up to Moors yesterday, started at square corner and dropped down into Nether Silton, back up through Boltby and back along Cleveland Way. Great little ride. Ages since been up there and noticed the Sutton Bank red route markers? I see it starts from Sutton Visitor centre and is a good length, looking forward to trying that, may take mrs on the blue one too.

Back