'Scent of a Woman' Clwydian Ranges Ride - June 5th

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Chaps,

Saturday info update (as of Friday evening)...

Note the early start (9.30am) to ensure we complete the lengthy (5hrs)route - starting/finishing at the White Horse pub in Cilcain - see Google Map link. Think of this as a stamina-based trail ride as opposed to an XC dash. I hope to build in two food stops - brunch and a late luncheon - en route. Come well stocked with fluids though.

ACTUAL PLANNED ROUTE!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 9&t=h&z=14

17 miles out - 14 miles back...

CH7 5NN for satnavvies start point.

Please update if you are still interested in this ride!

Mr K

78.8Km... Looks like a proper beast of a ride. I'd love to give it a go. It'll be good preparation for Mayhem.
Might be worth building in a shorter escape route for those who aren't up for the full 49 miles though.

.....nearly 80km ! :shock: That is one big mamma ride ! I suppose it will be miles in legs ready for MM like drystone says! ....go on then i'll give it a whirl !

Thanks - good information...

Still looking to develop a longer ride this year, just as a point of differentiation really. Now that we have summer hours, I thought we'd make the most of an earlier start time than usual and pace ourselves to ensure we complete the distance.

As has been said - will give a good endurance base for MM10.

Mr K

hey guys, possibility that this southerner might be up for joining you! :D just to confirm though, june 5th is a saturday? i might make a tour of it as i have the previous 4 days off and i should beable to get the 6th off for the return journey via afan or something.

going on for 80k seems like alot though! :shock: but no pain no gain etc!

the way i see it is if i don't push myself by doing the big rides then my fitness is never gonna get better! so bring it on!!!! :D

It'll be a pleasure to have you along. I think the distance is MrK's idea of last minute training for Mayhem. :LOL:

Back