An invitation from the Yorkies

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
INTO THE VOID
Saturday 17th April- Ambleside

NE&YORKS Area would like to invite you on an oldskool epic through the mountains of the Lake District. And when I say through I mean through!

4499042109_0fcb43b665.jpg
4499042105_c998f2e296.jpg

Starting from just outside Ambleside we take a pleasant amble along the river before climbing along some of the Lake Classics- Loughrigg Terrace, Iron Keld and some truely fantastic singletrack. Epic Vistas, tough climbs and long descents will be the order of the day. The highlight has to be Cathedral Quarry where we will dip into the cavern before taking to the tunnel that cuts right through the mountain itself!
Lights would be handy and food will be required, there will be no civilization on this route.

4499042113_905a2dd078_b.jpg

Meeting point is on minor road just off the A593 between Ambleside and Skelwith Bridge. SEE HERE

We depart at 10:30 sharp. Distance is approx 18 miles with bale out options. Terrain is challenging but well within the abilities of your average rider and retro machines. Duration is expected to be 6 hours with plenty of stops to soak in the stunning views.

An absolute classic. Don't miss this one guys and gals!

All welcome, retro or modern. Roll up, Roll up

Silly question but whats the date?

Looks amazing, and would love to finally drag my slow ass onto one of these things!

A week on saturday matey.

My local group did this route at the back end of last year and still rave about it. They said it had two of the best downhills they have ever riden anywhere in the world. They have riden every sunday since the mid 80's so i guess they know what they are talking about :cool:

I had arranged a ride on the 17th but as no-one else seemed to be available I moved it to the 10th April. Details here.
It's my birthday on the 17th and now I've made other plans so I won't be able to join you.
Looks like a great ride, but since when has the Lake District been in the North East or Yorkshire...? :LOL: Are the Yorkies looking to invade the North West...?
The NWA National event will be taking place in the Lake District on the 8th May a week after the 3 tribes. Although the 'official' ride takes place on the Saturday, I reckon that a few people may stay on for the Sunday too for some more riding.

Haha, yes its on your patch!! Mind you, part of Gisburn Forest is in Yorkshire you know ;)

Sure you cant make it DSP?? its your birthday after all. We might even bake a cake. :D

Brilliant! will be great to have you along. This route is a cracker and I have my eye on it for a National Status Event for next year.

This looks pretty cool so I'm a "possible" for this, it's a fair way for me to travel for one day though so it'll be a stop over job. If I can persuade my mate (and get my Wife's permission - not that I need it I hasten to add.... :roll: ) we'll do it. Trouble is it'll mean 3 weekends in row away from home though... as my mate said "divorce material". :|

Back