Whinlatter challenge? 21/03/2010

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not sure if anyone comes this far north, lol, but is anyone doing the Whinlatter Challenge on the 21st March?

I'm thinking of doing it s/s, just wondered if any fellow Retro-bikers are doing it?

Looks interesting. Any more details?

The NW area does include the Lakes and we are in fact organising an RB group ride there to take place on the 8th of May.

Planning to introduce my lady (my actual lady, not a wheeled 'lady' :roll:) to Whinlatter on March 14 or more likely 15.

What does the event consist of?

Only been once before & caught the start of the storms, still a great ride though, despite the fact it was coming down hard enough to feel individual raindrops on my toes through leather boots! :shock:

Will be a gentle, social ride, but if anyone fancies it drop me a PM :cool:

Pete

I think the race will be a 15 mile loop, of which you can do one or two laps. The loop will encorporate some of the existing trails - going off the pictures from the last event. Think I'll give it a go, bit of competition never did anyone any harm...

Think i can the make the 14th March if you're up this way. Could maybe advertise it as a RB ride out to get a few people along?

I'm fancying this, i'll get my entry in soon. Whinlatter is a rough old place, but it should be good fun.

Did anyone do this in the end? I went to put my entry in and the number of entrants had jumped from 200-odd people to 400-odd. Thought I'd save my money as that number of people sounded rediculous.

Back