Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

The NW&NW Area Team - Mountain Mayhem 2010 Recruitment
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73400

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  The NW&NW Area Team - Mountain Mayhem 2010 Recruitment

Okay locals - going to be more active in the NW Area in 2010....

After the success of last year's 2 x 10 Person teams at MM 09, I'd like to promote Mark Sinnett's idea of running a 10 person area team, in so doing, laying down a challenge to all other Retrobike Areas to take us on.

So NWA's - who wants to put their name on the short list....??

Mr K

Author:  sinnett177 [ Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yes please!

Author:  Sidewinder [ Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Me too please !! :wink:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Expect regular training and tactical exercises to commence from December onwards. :wink:

Capt K

Author:  drystonepaul [ Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm in! (when is it again...?)

Author:  Dr S [ Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

So NWA's, why don't you get your inter-area rivalries off to a start with next months Octoberfest Marathon in Kielder Forest?
Mark Sinnett is riding under the NorthWest banner and we have teams from NE&Yorks and Ecurie MacRetro.

See seperate thread for full info but a quick rundown..... 50km race, Saturday 10th October, mixed singletrack and fireroads.
Plenty of places left and you can enter online or just turn up on the day. Includes a pub meal at the finish, so could be a good reason to meet up with your fellow RBers for an end of season chinwag.

Si

Author:  Stally [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 am ]
Post subject: 

Sounds fun,

I will have to build up a bike with more than 8 gears :)

It all depends on how fit I am in comparrison with everyone else, as I don't want to let the team down. I can run over 10.8K in 55 mins?

Do you have a link or info about the race as Xcountry is new to me

I'm thinking about doing Sleepless with a few friends.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Stally wrote:
Sounds fun,

It all depends on how fit I am in comparrison with everyone else, as I don't want to let the team down. I can run over 10.8K in 55 mins?

I wouldn't worry too much about fitness, especially at this stage (looks like you may be able to run around faster than most!). But would recommend a few more gears. Last year the lap was around 9 miles with an average time being around 1hr 15mins per lap. Here is the aftermath thread of last years event to give you an insight:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64139

Author:  Stally [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

sinnett177 wrote:
Stally wrote:
Sounds fun,

I wouldn't worry too much about fitness, especially at this stage (looks like you may be able to run around faster than most!). But would recommend a few more gears. Last year the lap was around 9 miles with an average time being around 1hr 15mins per lap. Here is the aftermath thread of last years event to give you an insight:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64139

Looks like you guys had a real blast!

I take it that MM is Mountain Mayhem?

I've done a few DH races back when I had my Stab, must of been about 2000. As I don't bounce anymore when I fall I've deceided to be a bit more XC.

Definatly more gears :)

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, MM is Mountain Mayhem. Last year was my first MM and indeed my first mtb race since 1993/94. I really enjoyed it, very much a festival atmosphere and a great way to meet the friendly people of retrobike. Should fit in well with doing sleepless in the saddle too.

Author:  Sidewinder [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr S wrote:
So NWA's, why don't you get your inter-area rivalries off to a start with next months Octoberfest Marathon in Kielder Forest?
Mark Sinnett is riding under the NorthWest banner and we have teams from NE&Yorks and Ecurie MacRetro.

See seperate thread for full info but a quick rundown..... 50km race, Saturday 10th October, mixed singletrack and fireroads.
Plenty of places left and you can enter online or just turn up on the day. Includes a pub meal at the finish, so could be a good reason to meet up with your fellow RBers for an end of season chinwag.

Si

Well 10-10-09 was supposed to be the date NWA had their first meet at Llandegla suppose Mark forgot :cry:

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sidewinder wrote:
Dr S wrote:

Si

Well 10-10-09 was supposed to be the date NWA had their first meet at Llandegla suppose Mark forgot :cry:

Good point, hadn't seen this double booking. Kielder looks awesome, but guess i'd best give my loyality to the NWA. So Llandegla it is then :D

Author:  Sidewinder [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good Man :lol:

Author:  Dr S [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Turncoat :lol:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Didn't realise we could poach riders from other areas - Dr S, what are you actually prepared to bid for Mark's presence??!

Mr K

Author:  Dr S [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mark has been a member of the NE&Yorks group riding posse since the NWA's were but a glint in the milkmans eye.

We'll trade him for Sithlord.

:lol:

Author:  Dr S [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

K, I like the idea of regional teams for MM and other races next year but I think ten man teams are far too optimistic. Even the mighty clan MacRetro would struggle to get that number of riders never mind racers. There are far too many polishers on RB to get a big team like that together. Four or Six man teams might be more realistic.

Out of our 7-8 regular NE'ers, 2 are from different area groups and 3-4 would not enter races for a gold pig. I will of course try and whip them into shape but I can't promise anything.

Si

Author:  ededwards [ Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'll form a one man area team and take the lot of you soft NW types :twisted:

[Note that I think this is trash talk and therefore in the spirit. Apologies if this is unacceptable, definitely not my intention to offend although I'll still open up a large can of whup ass on the lot of you whether or not]

Author:  Dr S [ Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Screw you Edwards- I've done eight minutes on my Turbo Trainer since I bought it last month. If anyone will be kickin ass it will be me!!

Si,Off out for a fag.

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr S wrote:
Mark has been a member of the NE&Yorks group riding posse since the NWA's were but a glint in the milkmans eye.

We'll trade him for Sithlord.

:lol:

Correction... show Dorothy a dirty set of heels and he's back with the NW boys... ;-)

Capt K

Author:  Sidewinder [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:43 am ]
Post subject: 

what about in the absence of 10 per area a north south divide? just an idea :wink:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Soft Launch

Hey, give us a chance... we can and will get 10 in the NW - just wait for the recruitment/pressgang operation to really kick in...

Capt K

PS. Calling BoyBurning - your time is up.... ;-)

Author:  Dr S [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Are there 10 RB members in the NW?? :lol:

BTW- M-Trax might be going on the LLLLandega ride but she's from our patch so hands off Mr K :lol: :lol:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:48 am ]
Post subject: 

I think you'll find m-trax has already been inducted and tattooed... try again, sunshine!

Capt K

Author:  Dr S [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am ]
Post subject: 

mrkawasaki wrote:
I think you'll find m-trax has already been inducted and tattooed... try again, sunshine!

Capt K

Tattoo? Pah, we do brandings up here 8)

Author:  The Ken [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

We just cut a St Andrews Cross into our foreheads with a rusty stanley blade.

Author:  Dr S [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Ken wrote:

Would that include Kaiser of Germanic origin and Gazz of English origin?? Are there any true Scots in MacRetro??

Author:  sinnett177 [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr S wrote:
BTW- M-Trax might be going on the LLLLandega ride but she's from our patch so hands off Mr K :lol: :lol:

First he tries swapping me with Sithlord and now he's trying to claim Lyndsey as a North Easterner! Seem like desperate measures already from the NE & Yorks group, perhaps you could team up with Ededwards? He also has no friends :(

Author:  Dr S [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Lyndsey is a Yorkshire lass so belongs to the lost kingdom of Northumbria.

Ha!

Author:  Sidewinder [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr S wrote:
The Ken wrote:

some of us cut our little fingers off with those
:shock: :wink:

Author:  ededwards [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

sinnett177 wrote:
......asterner! Seem like desperate measures already from the NE & Yorks group, perhaps you could team up with Ededwards? He also has no friends :(

It's not that I have no friends, I just don't need any.....

Author:  clockworkgazz [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

I like the idea of area groups at mayhem but I've heard there are no real hills down in the county's (just mud) so not sure we are planning an invasion that far south :roll:

Author:  clockworkgazz [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

ededwards wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:
......asterner! Seem like desperate measures already from the NE & Yorks group, perhaps you could team up with Ededwards? He also has no friends :(

well said a man after my own heart.

Author:  Sidewinder [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

clockworkgazz wrote:
I like the idea of area groups at mayhem but I've heard there are no real hills down in the county's (just mud) so not sure we are planning an invasion that far south :roll:

Is that the colour YELLOW I see ??? :wink:

Author:  clockworkgazz [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

I know what your doing- leave my button alone :lol:

Author:  Sidewinder [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

He he he or should that be cluck cluck cluck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  m-trax [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

I maybe living in Lincolnshire (Scunthorpe) by the time it gets to July next year. :shock: Which group would I fit into then?

Looking forward to next year already - now I know what to expect I will be aiming for more laps.

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

m-trax wrote:
I maybe living in Lincolnshire (Scunthorpe) by the time it gets to July next year. :shock: Which group would I fit into then?

Looking forward to next year already - now I know what to expect I will be aiming for more laps.

Traitor... :roll:

Capt K

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

ededwards wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:

Charming... :roll:

That'll come back to haunt you... :wink:

Capt K

Author:  ededwards [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

mrkawasaki wrote:
ededwards wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:

Charming... :roll:

That'll come back to haunt you... :wink:

Capt K

Ok ok, I do want friends but as no one will have me I subvert it in an act of bravado and pretend that I plough a lone furrow with only my shadow as company by choice.

My word, this is more therapeutic than stripping naked, daubing myself in woad and howling at the moon. Howling wolf? Lone wolf more like it.

Author:  Stally [ Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 am ]
Post subject: 

As long as the dates don't mash with our Click 24 race I'm in.

I know two NW "new" members that would be up for it if there is space. (Haven't joined yet, but came to Llandegla).

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

Stally wrote:
As long as the dates don't mash with our Click 24 race I'm in.

I know two NW "new" members that would be up for it if there is space. (Haven't joined yet, but came to Llandegla).

Good stuff Stally sign them up.

Author:  peteteamtig [ Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Sounds good .

This sounds sooo cool , this was on the cards ten years ago , but we never went through with it , can I say for now "PROVISIONALLY " count me in , I need to see my mates just to be sure , they are sure they dont want to do it . :? (Jeez that hurt my brain.)

The only thing is , i'm not that fit any more and dont want to be letting anyone down . I wont be last , but suspect i'd be closer to the back than the front . :wink:

Pete .

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

So - how many we got already...??

Capt K

Author:  drystonepaul [ Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

By my reckoning so far we've got:

Mr K
Sinnett177
Sidewinder
Drystonepaul
Stally +2
Peteteamtig (provisionally)

Not bad considering we're only 8 months away...

Author:  peteteamtig [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Dont wanna crash da party

I dont want to crash the party as it were , but most of my mates ride retro ,
95 Marin Bear Valley
94 Zaskar LE
93 M2000 (Killer V)
99 RL Team Tig SL
89 Rockhopper

So if need be , I would imagine they could be drawn upon fo crew help , even if not racing .

Author:  sinnett177 [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont wanna crash da party

peteteamtig wrote:
95 Marin Bear Valley
94 Zaskar LE
93 M2000 (Killer V)
99 RL Team Tig SL
89 Rockhopper

So if need be , I would imagine they could be drawn upon fo crew help , even if not racing .

Sign them up Pete. Give Capt. K a nice problem.

Author:  Sidewinder [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont wanna crash da party

peteteamtig wrote:
95 Marin Bear Valley
94 Zaskar LE
93 M2000 (Killer V)
99 RL Team Tig SL
89 Rockhopper

Even if we don't win the race(perish the thought) we'll have the biggest area of campsite at this rate btw everyone start looking for (unique) items to distinguish us from the rabble. :lol: :lol:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

It may be 8 months to the event but only 4 months to the entry date....

Capt K

PS. There are many formats we can utilise if we choose eg. four man or ten man... or even 2 x ten man...

Post subject: 

Capt K

PS. There are many formats we can utilise if we choose eg. four man or ten man... or even 2 x ten man...

Post subject: 

Capt K

Author:  Sidewinder [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Can we enter 3 times? :wink:

Author:  peteteamtig [ Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Numbers

UPDATE !!

Ok fellas , just an update on were we stand with my mates so far ,
Bear Valley rider
RockHopper rider
merida rider
Rock Lobster riders x2
1 BBQ chef/crew hand/laptimer
Contents are liable to change .(And proabably will!)

The rest of my mates have yet to get back to me , but will let ya know as an when .

Can I suggest we meet up somewhere maybe for a pint to get things sorted , numbers etc ?

Author:  Sidewinder [ Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 am ]
Post subject: 

What about Marks ride kill 2 birds etc ?just a thought :wink:

Author:  peteteamtig [ Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Deffos

Hi all , when do I need to have definate numbers for ? As some mates wont commit yet . :roll:

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deffos

peteteamtig wrote:
Hi all , when do I need to have definate numbers for ? As some mates wont commit yet . :roll:

Can't see there being a rush for definate numbers Pete, but i'd imagine the Capt. will require all entrants to be members of the forum at the very least. So stick them in front of a pc and get them told :evil:

Author:  Sidewinder [ Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deffos

sinnett177 wrote:
peteteamtig wrote:

Can't see there being a rush for definate numbers Pete, but i'd imagine the Capt. will require all entrants to be members of the forum at the very least. So stick them in front of a pc and get them told :evil:

OOH I love it when youre so so so Masterful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  peteteamtig [ Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  Will do

Will do Mark , they will be brain washed , conditioned and indoctrinated all in one afternoon . Any resistance will be met in the form of forced listening to Val Doonican , Burl Ives , Des O'Conner , Sir Biff Richard and the National Hammond Organ appreciation society . Which will depend on how sadistic I feel at the time .

Visions of a clockwork orange spring to mind 8) .

Pete .

Author:  Sidewinder [ Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will do

peteteamtig wrote:
Will do Mark , they will be brain washed , conditioned and indoctrinated all in one afternoon . Any resistance will be met in the form of forced listening to Val Doonican , Burl Ives , Des O'Conner , Sir Biff Richard and the National Hammond Organ appreciation society . Which will depend on how sadistic I feel at the time .

Visions of a clockwork orange spring to mind 8) .

Pete .

No don't be like that give them a Halfords special to ride :wink:

Author:  nobby the sheep [ Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  mm10

i might be up for this ,was in 2 minds weather or not to do it solo

Author:  Sidewinder [ Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

EH UP Neil long time no speak everything ok?

Author:  Woody [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mr K

I hold my hand in the air and say " I'm in" .....first lap ,no problem!

Looking forward to this already :D

Author:  Sidewinder [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woody wrote:
Mr K

I hold my hand in the air and say " I'm in" .....first lap ,no problem!

Looking forward to this already :D

What about the second,third? etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Heads up on some senior management thinking... we will be looking towards the Areas to produce some 4 man teams to provide some inter forum competition at MM 10.

The Retrobike forum as a whole plan to be running a national 10 man/woman social team for folks new to MM/those that prefer to do a lap or two then chill - as it is only to be expected that the new Areas may not be sufficiently well populated to recruit yet.

So factor that in here... I'm up for a 4 man team if you have a place guys!

Mr K

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:31 am ]
Post subject: 

I'd like to commit to a 4 man team also. Really enjoyed being in a 10 man team last year and would like to step it up a level this year.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 am ]
Post subject: 

Those who've expressed an interest thus far are as follows:

Mr Kawasaki
Sidewinder
Sinnett177
Drystonepaul
Woody
Stally
Thumper
Peteteamtig (contact lost?)
Nobby the Sheep (considering solo Mayhem)

So there is a good positive response so far and there is certainly a good 4 man team in there somewhere. Still time to register your interest if you fancy it.

Author:  Sidewinder [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 am ]
Post subject: 

I would like to register my interest in not being fit enough for a 4 man team and will therefore not be riding anything other than 10 :wink:

Author:  drystonepaul [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd be up for a 4 man team. I like pain.

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

drystonepaul wrote:

Best ride with Dave then... ;-) ;-)

Mr K

Author:  Woody [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think my little legs could just about handle it in a 4 man team !! :wink:

Author:  drystonepaul [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

mrkawasaki wrote:
drystonepaul wrote:

Best ride with Dave then... ;-) ;-)

Mr K

I'm not looking to skin my knuckles fixing bikes for 24 hours... :lol:
That's the wrong sort of pain.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok so those interested in riding as part of a 4 man team are:

mrkawasaki
sinnett177
Drystonepaul
Woody

Those interested in riding as part of a 10 man team are:

Sidewinder

If the following and any other interested parties could confirm their team choice, we can then start putting teams together:

Stally
Thumper (come Sarah you one post wonder)
Nobby the Sheep (considering solo Mayhem, keep us updated)
Mr_Ship (come on Richard you know you want to)
Any others.....

Author:  mrkawasaki [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

As a little bonus ball - I will be leading a ride over to Pat Adams' house to enter in person, come the day. Open invitation to NWNW teamsters to join me for a hilly road ride, probably starting in Macc or Buxton and heading out to Longnor/Warslow, followed by a hearty roast luncheon in a suitable pub to talk over tactics....

Mr K

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

mrkawasaki wrote:
As a little bonus ball - I will be leading a ride over to Pat Adams' house to enter in person, come the day. Open invitation to NWNW teamsters to join me for a hilly road ride, probably starting in Macc or Buxton and heading out to Longnor/Warslow, followed by a hearty roast luncheon in a suitable pub to talk over tactics....

Mr K

Should be able to do this. Riding road bikes or mtb?

Author:  Stally [ Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 am ]
Post subject: 

I wouldn't mind entering in for the 4 man team with a full set of gears :)

if there isn't space I don't mind joining the ten man team, I can help fix bikes and eat food

Author:  sinnett177 [ Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

No worries Stally, list updated. I'm sure we can sort teams out once we know who's wanting to ride what.

Those interested in riding as part of a 4 man team are:

mrkawasaki
sinnett177
Drystonepaul
Woody
Stally

Those interested in riding as part of a 10 man team are:

Sidewinder

If the following and any other interested parties could confirm their team choice, we can then start putting teams together:

Thumper (come Sarah you one post wonder)
Mr_Ship (come on Richard you know you want to)
Any others.....

Author:  Thumper [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  No longer that one post wonder - huzzah!

I'd be up for some form of team.

I'd have to see how much of an XC bike I can muster prior to the event though 'cause I ain't doing it on my Orange that's for sure!

There's also the possibility of my own death on clic24 too... That could hinder my attendance somewhat!

Sorry if you've already covered this but how much is it?

Thumper

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thumper welcome to the team, can't remember how much entry was off the top of my head but it wasn't much. I'm sure Mr K (Neil) will have a better idea.

Author:  drystonepaul [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: No longer that one post wonder - huzzah!

Thumper wrote:
I'd be up for some form of team.

I'd have to see how much of an XC bike I can muster prior to the event though 'cause I ain't doing it on my Orange that's for sure!

There's also the possibility of my own death on clic24 too... That could hinder my attendance somewhat!

Sorry if you've already covered this but how much is it?

Thumper

I can probably sort you out with a bike if you need one Sarah.
Not sure how much the entry is though...?

Author:  nobby the sheep [ Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

still considering doing mayhem but think it may clash with a 24hr event our local club is organiseing in aid of cancer research [one of our female members has just been diagnosed with breast cancer] if the dates dont clash i am in but will give the cadex a break and do it on my modernish voodoo still tied between going solo or been on a 10 man team

Author:  mr_ship [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Booked some holidays for this Mark so I'm in.
10 man for me, ain't fit enough for a 4 :lol:

Author:  sinnett177 [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great stuff Richard, i'll update the list soon and start finalising the teams.

Author:  m-trax [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Can I join in this one in the slow team? Do we know what date is it on?

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

June 18th - 20th Lyndsey.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok the time is fast approaching for entries to be finalised and teams to be formed.

The 4 man NW&NWA team will consist of:

sinnett177 (Team Captain)
Drystonepaul
Woody
Stally

Candidates for the 10 man teams (these will be National Retrobike teams) are:

MrKawasaki (Team Captain)[/b]
Sidewinder (Will you be well enough Dave? More to the point are you riding your Saracen :lol: )
mr_ship
Thumper (Sarah can you confirm availability)
m-trax

Author:  m-trax [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi,

I will say yes to that date and put it in my calendar.

Lindsey

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok Capt K and myself will soon be entering the teams. Therefore can all riders please pm me with the following details in order for us to fill out the entries.

Name
DOB
Address
Next of Kin
NoK Mobile

We'll sort the fees out after the entries are in. Think is was around £30 each last year.

Author:  nobby the sheep [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

after much toying i ve decided to be in one of the ten man teams ,saying that i wouldnt mind trying it solo at some point .who do i send my details to ,mark or neil

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

To me please mate.

Author:  Sidewinder [ Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 am ]
Post subject: 

sinnett177 wrote:
Ok the time is fast approaching for entries to be finalised and teams to be formed.

Drystonepaul
Woody
Stally

Sidewinder (Will you be well enough Dave? More to the point are you riding your Saracen :lol: )
mr_ship
m-trax

Mark at the moment I'm up to 4wks off work and 6 wks off a bike so with a bit of luck I'll be riding again by then I'll probably ride the DeKerf :wink:

Author:  sinnett177 [ Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sidewinder wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:

Drystonepaul
Woody
Stally

mr_ship
m-trax

Mark at the moment I'm up to 4wks off work and 6 wks off a bike so with a bit of luck I'll be riding again by then I'll probably ride the DeKerf :wink:

Ok Dave hope your better real soon, send me your details then for the application form. Cheers Mark.

Author:  Gonzalez [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

can i apply for the ten man team please? haven't read the whole thread.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sure can Gonzo, pm me the following:

Name
DOB
Address
Next of Kin
NoK Mobile

Cheers Mark

Author:  jonnyboy666 [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

not sure if you were aware but i have been promoted to captain ( :shock: ) of the 10 man now national team as no one area could get a 10 man on their own!

i have emailed the people on this list given to me by Mr K asking for detils for the entry.

jonnyboy666 (me)
retroking
sidewinder
mr ship
thumper
m trax
gravymonster
green rabbit

PLEASE RESPOND TO THE DETAILS REQUEST ASAP!!!!

you'll notice that there are only 8 people on that list, nobby and gonzalez i will get back to you ASAP regarding places on this team as that list is the list i was given which originally had Mr K on it aswel but he is now a 4 man team member so i'm not sure if he had any other people to go in the 10man as replacements.

cheers

jon :D

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi Jon,

I have details for many of those entrants, i'll email them over to you.

Cheers Mark

Author:  jonnyboy666 [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

was just mailing you!! :lol:

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

YGPM Captain :lol:

Author:  jonnyboy666 [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 am ]
Post subject: 

bit more info dripping through!!! :lol:

apparently Mr K is in the 10 man team!! :D

jonnyboy666 (me)
Mr K
retroking
sidewinder
mr ship
thumper
m trax
gravymonster
green rabbit
nobby

the last spot i have offered to nobby as he asked (on this thread) first before gonzalez (will be pm-ing you)

cheers

jon :D

Author:  m-trax [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Will get my details PM'd to you. Let me know about payment method.

I see they have a sportive this year as well which looks interesting.

Author:  Gonzalez [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

right I'm first reserve then for any drop outs....ta.

Author:  m-trax [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Details sent

Author:  m-trax [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Do I need to pay any money for this?

Author:  sinnett177 [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

m-trax wrote:
Do I need to pay any money for this?

Either Johnnyboy or Neil will come chasing you Lyndsey, I believe it's £26.50 for each member of a 10 man team.

For the 4 man team the total was £210, so I work that out to be £52.50 each. I've settled the bill with Neil, so if DSP, Stally and Woody can settle with me soon that will be great.

Author:  sinnett177 [ Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Well the big weekend is now just over a month away, so i guess we should make sure everyone is in good health and raring to go.

The 4 man team is looking good with DSP and Woody primed and ready to go. I need to get in touch with Stally to confirm his availablity (pm on its way Paul).

Here are the confirmed entries and race numbers from the official website:

1316 Sport Men Retrobike North West Area Sinnett Mark
1317 Sport Men Retrobike North West Area Anders Paul
1318 Sport Men Retrobike North West Area Stalburg Paul
1319 Sport Men Retrobike North West Area Wood Christopher

Author:  sinnett177 [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Preparation thread now up, click HERE.