The NW&NW Area Team - Mountain Mayhem 2010 Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Okay locals - going to be more active in the NW Area in 2010....

After the success of last year's 2 x 10 Person teams at MM 09, I'd like to promote Mark Sinnett's idea of running a 10 person area team, in so doing, laying down a challenge to all other Retrobike Areas to take us on.

So NWA's - who wants to put their name on the short list....??

Mr K

So NWA's, why don't you get your inter-area rivalries off to a start with next months Octoberfest Marathon in Kielder Forest?
Mark Sinnett is riding under the NorthWest banner and we have teams from NE&Yorks and Ecurie MacRetro.

See seperate thread for full info but a quick rundown..... 50km race, Saturday 10th October, mixed singletrack and fireroads.
Plenty of places left and you can enter online or just turn up on the day. Includes a pub meal at the finish, so could be a good reason to meet up with your fellow RBers for an end of season chinwag.

Si

Sounds fun,

I will have to build up a bike with more than 8 gears :)

It all depends on how fit I am in comparrison with everyone else, as I don't want to let the team down. I can run over 10.8K in 55 mins?

Do you have a link or info about the race as Xcountry is new to me

I'm thinking about doing Sleepless with a few friends.

Stally":2boy2g94 said:
Sounds fun,

It all depends on how fit I am in comparrison with everyone else, as I don't want to let the team down. I can run over 10.8K in 55 mins?

I wouldn't worry too much about fitness, especially at this stage (looks like you may be able to run around faster than most!). But would recommend a few more gears. Last year the lap was around 9 miles with an average time being around 1hr 15mins per lap. Here is the aftermath thread of last years event to give you an insight:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64139

sinnett177":qo6uz5m3 said:
Stally":qo6uz5m3 said:
Sounds fun,

I wouldn't worry too much about fitness, especially at this stage (looks like you may be able to run around faster than most!). But would recommend a few more gears. Last year the lap was around 9 miles with an average time being around 1hr 15mins per lap. Here is the aftermath thread of last years event to give you an insight:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64139

Looks like you guys had a real blast!

I take it that MM is Mountain Mayhem?

I've done a few DH races back when I had my Stab, must of been about 2000. As I don't bounce anymore when I fall I've deceided to be a bit more XC.

Definatly more gears :)

Yep, MM is Mountain Mayhem. Last year was my first MM and indeed my first mtb race since 1993/94. I really enjoyed it, very much a festival atmosphere and a great way to meet the friendly people of retrobike. Should fit in well with doing sleepless in the saddle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back