LEJOG NW legs May 18th-21st

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
I'm doing a solo LEJOG/End to End (Lizard Point - LE -JOG - Dunnet Head) in May, and I'm throwing an open invite out for anyone that might need an excuse to go cycling to join me for a few miles.

Friday 18th May: Monmouth - Bishops Castle
Saturday 19th May: Bishops castle - Northwich
Sunday 20th May: Northwich - Oxenholme
Monday 21st: Oxenholme - Gretna

I'm riding steel, but apart from a B17 saddle, thats as Retro as it gets on this trip!

Bike build to follow in the "non-retro" section once some key parts arrive. I'm starting on the wheel build once lunch has settled.

Re:

Sounds epic!
Fingers crossed for either the Saturday or Sunday - want us to bring racks so we can take your panniers for a few miles? ;) :LOL:

Re: May 18th-21st Road Rides

Ha ha! Thanks for the offer Pete, but I've vowed to do this "unsupported" - so no temporary offloading of gear. I'm also (officially) doing it solo, but I don't see any harm in having a riding buddy or two for sections of the ride.

Would be great to have you along for any or all of the North Wales/Lancashire bit.

I finally booked the last of my accomodation last night, but I'm still wrestling with how to get to Penzance for the start. None of the options are particularly appealing!

Believe it or not, paying £250 for a 12 hour train ride is currently in the lead!!!

jackosbournesnr":3lzw5dr6 said:
Believe it or not, paying £250 for a 12 hour train ride is currently in the lead!!!

:eek:
I'd be tempted to drive you there for that much! :LOL:

Where are you staying in Oxenholme? Have a half-cocked idea of a plan to join you in riding to there, then peel off east and make my way back down through the Dales over the next couple of days...

As far as I know I can hook up with you from oxenholme on the 21st

The wheels are built, the accomodation is booked and after literally weeks of deliberating, I finally secured transportation to Penzance.

13 hours on a train !!!!

I'm gonna have to empty M&S at the station before I get on board else risk food hell.

Back