Great Dun fell road ride April 14th REVISED ROUTE

kingbling

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi All I will be putting on a road ride on Saturday 14th of April. The plan will be to leave from my house at 10:30 heading out on the back lanes to the highest road climb in the UK at 625metres Great Dun Fell after tackling this monster climb we will head out to the Stag inn at Duffton for lunch the back to Penrith for some home cooked fodder via Appleby.

Route will be about 55 miles with a bit of climbing involved.

Well who's up for it.

Re:

'A bit of climbing'?! :LOL:

You know I'm keen - not so much on the cycling part, but I love all the other stuff... ;)

I need to get some miles in asap else this is going to be embarrassing!

Re: Great Dun fell road ride April 14th

It is a challenge but I believe anyone can do it at their own pace ( James Gullen JLT Condor about 25mins Me and my mate Bill 55mins).

Re: Re:

elPedro666":1b799of7 said:

You know I'm keen - not so much on the cycling part, but I love all the other stuff... ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Tempted Clive

Mike

Mike Muz 67":5dewrwx2 said:
elPedro666":5dewrwx2 said:

Tempted Clive

Mike

Along with (Easy_Rider) Gav's North Wales route, Clive's last RetroRide was easily the highlight of last year's riding for me.

So you definitely should!

I'm in!!!

I need all the training I can get for LEJOG, so I might come with panniers!

Putting my LEJOG dates through the region up seperately - all welcome to join for a pootle...

Mike Muz 67":zqs2fu5u said:
elPedro666":zqs2fu5u said:

Tempted Clive

Mike

Do it.

If you don't, you'll need to join me for a day at touring pace some where in the South West. :p

The choice is yours.

Re:

That's that settled then.

I'll see about booking time off work tomorrow

Mike

Right I am having to change the route on this as the cafe at the top of Hartside burned down during the beast of the east still and there is no suitable stop around Dun fell for lunch So it will be going out around Lazonby Armathwaite Caldbeck Greystoke going to be around the 50 mile mark with a couple of cafe stops on the way.

Back