Lakes Road ride 5th August

kingbling

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all I'm going to put on another road ride on the Saturday 5th of August the ride will be about 50miles with some cafe/pub stops heading out to the North east this time taking in Lazonby , Weatheral, Castle Carrick, Newbiggin to name a few places. The ride will be a bit hilly (note to self take appropriate gearing :roll: ) in places it's pretty much on quite B roads and back lanes with minimal traffic. Meeting point is my house CA11 8SW pm for address/directions (I HAVE MOVED not far from old spot) Start time 10:30am should be back for 3pm Post ride refreshments.

Regards
Clive

Re:

Would love to but I haven't made it back onto a bike as yet, hopefully the Big Day is soon (before I go completely bloody loopy!) but I doubt I'll be up to a proper ride for another few weeks...

Your rides have been big highlights for me, I will be back as soon as possible! Have fun on this one :cool:

Retro Spud":2y1bdkqg said:
Just clocked from your postcode your right by that MoFo hill Great Dun Fell

I can see it from my house think Nobby is closer ;)

No worries Pete by the interest I've got so far it probably won't happen :?

Missed this... And stupidly just posted in the newbies thread... But hey! I'm both a newbie and a foreigner!

Anyways...

I still need to do my charity commute from Glasgow to Runcorn and I'm thinking the 12th/13th or the following weekend.

I'd do the Scottish leg on the Friday with a view to arriving in Runcorn late on the Sunday afternoon... Roughly 80 miles per day and anyone willing to join me for a few miles would be very welcome.

Dunno if I'll be riding retro though...

That would be great. Pretty definite for weekend of 11th/12th

I'm looking at accommodation as I type. Probably stay in Gretna or Longtown on the Friday and be hitting Penrith mid-late morning on the Saturday. Target for the day is Lancaster or slightly North. Sunday would be Lancaster to Runcorn breaking west at Penrith and then on to Runcorn via Ormskirk and Widnes.

Currently working out how to ride this at least retro-ish... But lets be clear that I will not be riding down the Beeftub with a loaded Nelson Longflap and Campag Delta's.

I'll put a dedicated thread up once I'm booked up and link in the macretro mob in case any of them are up for some of it.

Back