North Wales Retro Road Ride **7th May** - Horseshoe Pass

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View

:: Date: Sunday 7th May

:: Distance/time: 76km. Approx 4-5hours riding with a short-cut option.

:: Meeting at: Car park next to Country Spice Indian Restaurant, Hope, Flintshire, LL12 9NP. 10:30am start so aim for 10am.

:: Route: Taking in the Steps, Worlds End, Panorama, Horseshoe Pass, Nant Y Garth Pass, the Shelf. Over 4,500ft of climbing with a stop at the Ponderosa (amongst other options...)

Re:

Count me in! But if it's on the Saturday can we go to the pub and crash at your place please?! :D

Re: North Wales Retro Road Ride 6th or 7th May - Horseshoe Pass

Interested in joining this one as I frequently work out of Runcorn and would like to get to know the surrounding area more than just the road from the hotel to the plant.

Logistics will be a challenge though as getting there for the start time from Glasgow by train isn't an easy option but it is at least do-able on the Saturday.

A Sunday ride would mean two nights hotel and either Monday off or arranging to work in Runcorn.

Re:

That'll be a mild preference for Saturday then?! :shock:

Feedback on the route from today: it's absolutely flinkin' stunning! Amazing views, incredible landscapes, genuinely breathtaking.

I think we have to veto Campag Delta brakes though! :eek:

:LOL:

Re: Re:

elPedro666":1qh5qt97 said:
That'll be a mild preference for Saturday then?! :shock:

Feedback on the route from today: it's absolutely flinkin' stunning! Amazing views, incredible landscapes, genuinely breathtaking.

I think we have to veto Campag Delta brakes though! :eek:

:LOL:

Don't you dare be so brakist!

You're right though...Looking at the elevation profile, I'd bring something with a bit more immediate stopping power... Or a spare set of pads.

Don't count my mild preference for Saturday in the which day decision. Realistically, I'm pretty borderline for being able to make it.

Looks like I'm out unless I drive and/or stay over.

Major engineering works on the West Coast mainline mean a bus from Carlisle to Glasgow adding an extra 90 minutes to the journey and putting the risk of bike damage into a different league.

Have fun - it looks like a great route.

I'm sure I can get this ride on again for late Summer if you can't make this one.

jackosbournesnr":3tx4zo09 said:
Looks like I'm out unless I drive and/or stay over.

Major engineering works on the West Coast mainline mean a bus from Carlisle to Glasgow adding an extra 90 minutes to the journey and putting the risk of bike damage into a different league.

Have fun - it looks like a great route.

Assuming I'm actually here (I think I should be!) you're welcome to crash over here (Stockport, just outside Manchester) if it makes the logistics easier. It's far from luxurious but there is a sofabed!

Back