Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
North Wales Regional Ride: Glyn Ceiriog

:: Date: Saturday 9th April 2016

:: Distance/time: 21miles. Approx 5hours.

:: Meeting at: Provisionally - Car park opposite the Swan Inn on the main road B4500, Pontfadog, LL20 7BN. 10:30am start so aim for 10am.

:: Directions: A55 - A483 - A483 (Oswestry) - A5 Llangollen - B5070 Chirk - B4500 Pontfadog

:: Terrain: Farm tracks, green lanes, fire roads, rocky knarly shutes, open exposed moorland, lots of water everywhere and a bit of Tarmac.

:: Route: Most of the climbing is on Tarmac while the descents are rocky lanes or very rocky shutes with exposed sheet slate in places, I'd recommend some front boing. It can get exposed on the Moore so be prepared. There is a lot of water too, so bring your waterproof socks. Be prepared for no pub stop, bring sarnies!

Re: NWA Regional Ride - Glyn Ceiriog 09/04/16

I'll be checking out the route this Sunday and update the announcement with full details, I just wanted to get the date out there first.
This is the route I have planned.

Re:

Joking aside, it is really nice to see a proper map :cool: and not just because I can see shortcuts...

Can we do it clockwise please (arrows point downhill on a map, right...?)?

:LOL:

Going to need a couple more rides to finalise a route. Some of the trails are just lakes waste deep...

Easy_Rider":131i47db said:
Going to need a couple more rides to finalise a route. Some of the trails are just lakes waste deep...

Yes, sounds very wise - gotta make sure we don't miss those!

Hope to be there for this. Not ridden for ages so will be walking mostly...

mrkawasaki":1k7aemnc said:
Hope to be there for this. Not ridden for ages so will be walking mostly...

Good news, always a pleasure to have your company Mr.K! I may have to break character and ride something classy in your honour...
No promises mind ;)

Re:

Excellent Mr.K!

New route planned, same area but more retro friendly and more weather proof. Hopefully be out to explore this weekend

Back