Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
North Wales Regional Ride: Clwyds - Over the Top
-Saturday 1st March

E4949144-8E7C-4FF5-8068-01FE09B7F56F_zpsmvzbtxw9.jpg

This has been a long time coming but finally I've got a great route in the Clwydian range for all you retorbikers!
This is a re-arranged date from the 15th February

:: Date: Saturday 1st March 2014
:: Distance/time: 19 Miles, few shortcut options, approx 5 hours riding with stops.
:: Meeting at: 10:00am for a 10:30am start at the Craft Centre car park. Note this is a free council car park for visitors of the craft centre, please park in the top right corner. Coffee and Toilets available here.
:: Directions: Ruthin Craft Centre, Park Road, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1BB
:: Terrain: A mix of fire roads, bridelways, fields, single track and open exposed moors. There is some b-road riding too so be aware before fitting your NOS rare skinwalls! 2,500ft of climbing.
:: Note: Bring a packed lunch! There is a butty van but I cannot guarantee it will be open, no pubs on route unfortunately, most around this area don't serve food anyway! Be warned phone reception is very patchy so advance warning of not being able to make the ride appreciated.

The ride starts with a gentle pace out of Ruthin then onto a b-road before heading towards the first climb on a farm track and a wooded section. This then leads over a further climb through tracks then across farm fields heading towards the first decent down to the foot of Moel Famau. From here there is further climbing on the fire roads and a fast fire road decent to the north east side of Moel Famau heading towards Cilcain. A couple of water crossings and some single track leads to one of the highlights of the day, the apply named "vomit hill" which is a steep grassy climb towards the highest peak allowed on a mountain bike on Moel Famau. From here with fantastic views is a gentle traverse across the side of Moel Famau leading to the highlight which is a sheer grassy decent drop off the side of Moel Famau. Two more fast wooded bridelways to finish back on to the gentle b-roads to Ruthin.

It can be exposed in places so please come prepared

:: SIGN UP ON PAGE 3 ONWARDS

:: NO HELMET NO RIDE

Re: North Wales Regional Ride: Clwyds - Over the Top 15/02/1

In case that wasn't clear: BRING SARNIES!
Only the snack generosity/fear of cannibalism of the venerable Edwards got everyone home alive one previous year...

Last descent of the day will detach your retinas - don't think I've ever ridden anything quite like it ... but the first of the day is an absolute gem too.

Can't wait :cool:

"Vomit hill" eh.....?!

Er, still count me in :D

Appetite whetters.......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2V6_Cd3wuw&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu869-Jxi9U&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kd6qi49wdc&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yi1gpuXG-mQ&list=PL5Z3fmicebTESBhCCeZ0ilt1ahI3IOQuL[/youtube]

Are they your videos?

3rd video is vomit hill in reverse

Easy_Rider":28si6zvz said:
Are they your videos?

3rd video is vomit hill in reverse

Nah, not mine - not ridden there before :D

Ok so far we have;

Easy_Rider
Elpedro666
Harrycrumb
Dossa

Be good to get a few more, we had a lot more at the Llandegla meets! The pace might be too fast with just four of us and I don't fancy barfing again :( :facepalm:

I should be up for this as long as I recover from the man flu !

Yes you can count me in on this one

Should be in on this one if I'm not at a wedding that weekend...

Back