Quick ride round Delamere 18/8/13

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went for a quick spin to Delamere this morning, trying out my newly finished ride :D

Somewhat embarrassingly kept to the main forest roads though... :oops:

But it was a lovely morning, plenty of modern bikes on show but a poor showing on the retro front I'm sorry to report... :| :D

m3hl.jpg

n1ga.jpg

r6se.jpg

2f0f.jpg

kl58.jpg

snh3.jpg

0mmf.jpg

5wwt.jpg

jj9h.jpg

zl6j.jpg

Time for another NW Retro Ride to Delamere sometime soon, perhaps......?

Matty :D

How did the trails hold up with the recent rain? We should have organised a ride while we had the good weather, those trails do get very boggy.
Bike looks rather nice!

Easy_Rider":3ret8a8u said:
How did the trails hold up with the recent rain? We should have organised a ride while we had the good weather, those trails do get very boggy.
Bike looks rather nice!

Trails were well drained and suprisingly dry considering it must have poured down on the Saturday. I imagine it would have been a bit boggy off the forest roads but I did a couple of loops and the last picture shows my bike at the end of the ride and it's still pretty clean!

Had a look at the previous NW&NW thread to Delamere and parked at the Abbey Arms pub as well! Better than paying for parking eh?!

Happy to go there for a RetroRide :D

videojetman":p9avy01y said:
What fork is that on your bike ?
Not been delamere for ages.
Could do with a ride out there soon.

Tange Switchblades, jeff

Yeah, Delamere's ok but a bit bland really - nice enough for a bimble on a Sunday, though. :D

Dossa":145lxv0q said:
videojetman":145lxv0q said:
What fork is that on your bike ?
Not been delamere for ages.
Could do with a ride out there soon.

Tange Switchblades, jeff

Yeah, Delamere's ok but a bit bland really - nice enough for a bimble on a Sunday, though. :D
really good ride close to delamere mersey veiw helsby hill better singletrack :)

Switchblades look great on there - not an obvious (to me) choice but really suit I think!

Delamere has loads of fun bits if you know where to look - we're working steadily on linking a bunch of them into a ride but like Gav says, there's really only two days a year when it's passable without a fatbike...

Billmac - I'd be really keen to search some of that out and try to link it in if it's possible. Not sure when we'll make it back over there but I'll be keen to pick your brains if you don't mind! :D

Latest posts

Back