anyone ridden the sandstone trail ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
anyone ridden the sandstone trail ?
i have been asked to do a charity ride in the summer.
has anyone ridden the whole trail who can give me an idea of what to expect from the whole trail ?
also could it be done fully rigid ?
i have been told it is 37 miles and i have been told i'd be doing it forwards & backwards in a day.
thanks in advance, jeff.

Yes parts of it are my local trails! It's awesome, hard in places! I have ridden in on various machines and it's definatley doable on rigid bike!

Ah, found a map, thought I recognised the name from passing it on the way to Market Drayton, but dismissed it as it's a walking trail :?

Is it generally open to bikes or just for the charity ride?

elPedro666":3mru78xf said:
Ah, found a map, thought I recognised the name from passing it on the way to Market Drayton, but dismissed it as it's a walking trail :?

Is it generally open to bikes or just for the charity ride?

i'll be out saturday.
as far as i'm aware, the sandstone trail is open to bikes all year round.
just need to get my fitness levels up now.

Just been on the Sandstone Trail website (http://www.sandstonetrail.com/frequentl ... questions/) and it says:

"Mountain bikes are actively discouraged on the Sandstone Trail, while horses are only allowed on short sections of official bridleway. Horse riders may enjoy the nearby Bishop Bennett Way, which covers much of the same ground by a different route."

Presumably, the rules are being relaxed for your event.

That does not say cycles are not allowed, it just horses are not allowed on some parts of it.

Seems to me they are saying, don't take the piss and trash it.

Back