Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
NWA: Roman Lakes and Mellor Moor ~ Sunday 12th August

IMAG0555.jpg

:: Date: Sunday 12th August 2012
:: Distance/time: 12 miles approx / 3-4 hours riding.
:: Meeting at: 10am for 10:30am start. Meeting point Roman Lakes Leisure Park, Lakes Road, Marple, Cheshire. SK6 7HB.
:: Directions: here [Free parking and only a mile from Marple Railway Station]
:: Terrain: A mixture of quiet lanes, rocky single and moorland tracks. It's not so flat so there will be some climbing, but also some lovely descending.

This is an area both myself and DSPaul know very well having ridden around these hills for about the last twenty years.
Suffice to say there is some great riding to be had in a relatively compact area.
We'll meet at Roman Lakes Leisure Park, which is right at the end of a bumpy track, complete with a small hatch(Im sure its now a cafe) serving hot drinks, cakes and bacon rolls. Parking is also plentiful and free.

We'll then ride around a selection of the local trails stopping at at least one pub along the way and enjoying the views and history of the area.

I hope that some of you will be tempted to join us for a nice leisurely and sociable bimble on old bikes.

p.s sorry for late notice,

Quality bacon butties and free parking? Yes please! :cool:
Might even bring a bike. And a Kiran.

This was a great ride in iffy conditions last year, some fantastic countryside and really fun descents, really looking forward to it!

Easy_Rider":1mqjb8y1 said:
I may well be up for this, I think MrsE_R will enjoy this one too.

Excellent, two NW ladies out, are there any more out there...? Apart from Paul :p

Been waiting for this one to pop up, sadly already booked in a camper van weekend away this weekend :cry:

Damnit.... its my Stag do in Wales this weekend. I would have jumped at this one!

Weather is going to be a blinder as well!

Next time
G

I Am Kowalksi":1vv2gk36 said:
Very, very tempting even without a retro bike (yet!)

For your first ride with us I'm sure the abuse will be kept a minimum ;) :LOL:

My better half will be there and modernish, so you won't be alone anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back