Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Stand and deliver in the Longdendale valley
Sunday the 8th of April
Photo019.jpg

Come and join MrLee and the nw team on this classic ride up and around the longdendale valley

Distance is 13 miles,
Meeting at the start of the longdendale trail in the carpark at 10.00 am for 10.30 start
sk13 2aq,
Hadfield train station is 1/8th of a mile away from the start, come out of the station carpark and turn right we will be on the left in the carpark, there is plenty of free parking on the station if the trail carpark is full.

We will leave Hadfield at the start of the longdendale trail
and follow this up to woodhead tunnel taking in 5 of the valleys reservoirs, then we will pick up the old turnpike road back towards manchester made famous by Dick Turpin,
this turns into the "Northern horse route" with small'ish undulating hills heading for Crowden with abrief stop we will then carry on west back towards the first reservior Bottoms,
I give this ride a 2.5/3 rating due to the lack of civilisation other than that its a fairly easy ride.
mainly stoney paths drovers lanes and grassey bridleways,

Bring your own food and drink as there are no pubs or shops once we leave the start, there are pubs for after the ride in Hadfield village.
Please sign up below.

Roll call:
mr lee
drystonepaul
knobby
harrycrumb
mr ship
crash happy
rich aitch
ringo
rampage

A nice wild-feeling ride despite the proximity (and the easy escape option) of the A-whatever, looking forward to it :cool: Nothing too challenging, should be a good social :D

i'm on't moors that day but, this looks good, must see someday.

i saw turpins' grave in york last year((spooky)) it's concreted over now. apparently folk wanted their farthings and half-crowns back even whilst he was burried :eek: .

It's looking like a good turn out so far lets hope the weather is going to do the same, I was up on another trail above the valley on monday and had to take a pic,
IMAG2113.jpg

it will be good to have you all aboard chaps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back