Snowdon this weekend.

Pogo

Retrobike Rider
I've almost agreed to ride up Snowdon this coming Saturday (11th Feb).
By agree I mean I'm 30% sure!

My mate has a plan to ride from Rhyd-Ddu up over a saddle and down to LLanberis thence to the top of Snowdon and back down to Rhyd-Ddu.
A 12 mile round trip...

If there are any other retro-bikers game for a laugh I would willingly extend my interest in the adventure to the point of unconditional acceptance! Otherwise I'll have to rely on my own gumption and fortitude!
Help me out here boys...

tumbleweed.gif

Afraid I'm going to be at my mum's for the weekend. An excellent, valid and checkable excuse :cool:

Wouls like to have a go though - been a long time since I last rode Snowdon, maybe next time.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

elPedro666":2rs9uif9 said:
Afraid I'm going to be at my mum's for the weekend. An excellent, valid and checkable excuse :cool:

I need a note from your mum then ;)

Well the sun is shining but my lethargy levels remain stubbornly high,
I have however broached the subject with my good lady-
she is of the opinion that abandoning her for a day of gruelling endeavour would be good for my lardy arse. Hence we are now at Def-Con 3-
any one else with any interest in going?

Don't be shy! :LOL:

A quick update- Well we bottled it!

After talking with a guy in mountain rescue and him giving us the impression we were insane we re-jigged our plan. :oops:

So we ended up going up one of the smaller mountains on the Carneddau instead, from Conwy to the top of Drum was just over 11 miles and it's nigh on uphill all the way- sea level to 750 meters, but with the odd dip down we actually climbed over a kilometer. Three hours up and a knackering hour and a half return back the way we came- I still don't feel right. :?

One mate turned back about three miles out-!
Thinking about it you lot probably had the right idea all along...

Checked out the bike yesterday and found I've lost a roller from one of the chain links, after 18 years I think it's finally biting dust. Just done a bodge on it and hope it'll last a while longer. :roll:

Good work, at least you got out there :cool:

Probably wise listening to Mountain Rescue, although they do have a vested interest in keeping you safe... :LOL:

Latest posts

Back