NWA: Hayfield ~ 04/02/2012 ~ Aftermath on page 3

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA regional ride: Hayfield in the High Peak

PLEASE NOTE: Due to forestry operations in Delamere Forest, we've decided to postpone until another time.
Instead we'll take a trip to Hayfield for another great ride.

IMAG0554.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 4th February 2012
:: Distance/time: 4-6 hours riding, talking, eating. Around 15 -20 miles depending on final route
:: Meeting at 10am. Ride starts at 10:30am. Car Park, just off Station Road, Hayfield. Postcode: SK22 2ES. Grid Ref: SK 035869 (Signed as Sett Valley Trail Car Park)
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: Mostly off road, mainly well surfaced and rocky, but expect some mud in places. It's hilly around Hayfield but for this route we'll stay off the really big climbs and even include a few miles of canal towpath. There will be some climbing though and we'll also take in some drove roads, shooting tracks and some flowing and some technical moorland and woodland singletrack.

We did a ride around here last March, but this time we'll be taking a different route around a different area.
Come prepared for the conditions as some sections can be a bit exposed.

The March aftermath thread is here: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142930

Re: NWA: Hayfield in the High Peak ~ 04/02/2012

drystonepaul":36nh6zje said:
NWA regional ride: Hayfield in the High Peak

:: Distance/time: 4-6 hours talking, eating, riding.

I've just put that into the correct order, proportionally speaking...

Should be a great ride, maybe even some nice snowy views :cool:

Brilliant im in I love it around hayfield some proper mountainbiking,
and for the people who havn't been before the 3-4 hours talking and eating usualy happens when we are waiting for elpete to arrive :LOL: :LOL:

mrlee":2f0ns0sv said:
and for the people who havn't been before the 3-4 hours talking and eating usualy happens when we are waiting for elpete to arrive :LOL: :LOL:

Just for that I'm going to bring along some old X-Lite and relieve you of some cash! :p :twisted:

elPedro666":32i2ecam said:
mrlee":32i2ecam said:

Just for that I'm going to bring along some old X-Lite and relieve you of some cash! :p :twisted:

tea n toast sir? I still have that 700c wheel for you too, anyone else want a brew on-route pm me im only 10 mins away from hayfield,
I think I will be on the reflex, minus the actionman tyres :oops: :LOL:

anymore info on the route paul? im getting excited already :cool:

Route info as follows:

Start at Hayfield - head west on the Sett Valley trail to Birch Vale - pick up road/track past quarrry - right on BW at Moor Lodge - then BW down to Beardwood Fm - drop down to join canal at Furness Vale - canal to Buxworth Basin - (possible pub stop) - minor tracks to Bridgeholm Green - road through Chapel Milton and Wash - track joins Roych Clough track - NW to Mount Famine - drop to crossroads - either Peep O Day and Ollersett Moor or Coldwell Clough back to Hayfield.

The route is fairly steady and even flattish for the first half, and then climbs up a bit onto the Roych for a choice of descents back down into Hayfield. All in it's about 15 miles, with an extra couple of miles we could tag on at the end. It's all on well draining rocky trails rather than a muddy quagmire too.

Should be a corker!

Gutted, need to get bike built quicker! Do any of these rides ever take place on a Sunday or in the week as Saturdays are bad for me??

isitafox":16kvpnq2 said:
Gutted, need to get bike built quicker! Do any of these rides ever take place on a Sunday or in the week as Saturdays are bad for me??

This was a bit of an ad-hoc decision since Delamere has been postponed.

We are sure to make a return to Hayfield and thereabouts later in the year though. Sundays and summer evening rides are certainly a big possibility.
There are several NWA regulars within a short distance of the Hayfield area so we'll definitely arrange something.
I'm also usually good for a mid-week day ride most of the time.

Summer does seem a long way off at the moment though...

Latest posts

Back