NWA: Delamere Forest ~ 04/02/2012 - POSTPONED

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA regional ride: Delamere Forest

POSTPONED
Please see here for alternative ride on the same date: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184780

Delemere-Forest.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 4th February 2012 - POSTPONED
:: Distance/time: 4-6 hours riding, talking, eating. Distance as yet undecided
:: Meeting at Vale Royal Abbey Arms at 10am for 10:30am start.
:: Postcode: CW8 2HB
:: Terrain: An exploration of Delamere's singletrack network. Probably a bit muddy at this time of year and apparently suitable for singlespeeds. Some sections of man made woodland single track.

Need to flesh out the details for this journey into the unknown.

We need to establish at start point and find someone with a rough idea of where to go.

Suggestions welcome.

im in too, tights banned of course :oops: :LOL: I know a vague anti-clockwise route of the forest its just a matter of joining the endless miles of singletrack in between the main trails, we could park and meet at the station cafe or the main cafe (near go ape)there is a large overflow carpark 100 yds past there too, im sure if mrK comes we will be fine.

Just a word of warning chaps. .... Dirt Magazine reports of some 'Seriously heavy forresting activity' this month that has left parts of Delemere looking like the Somme in places. The locals are trying to re-establish some of the trails but it sounds like lots of damage has been done. Might be worth someone local heading up for a quick gander?

Dr S":3asex3tn said:
Just a word of warning chaps. .... Dirt Magazine reports of some 'Seriously heavy forresting activity' this month that has left parts of Delemere looking like the Somme in places. The locals are trying to re-establish some of the trails but it sounds like lots of damage has been done. Might be worth someone local heading up for a quick gander?

Ohh dear cheers Si, any one up for a recce?

Delamere

This is my local ride guys and I'll be heading up there over the next week so I can feed back and hopefully help out with some sections on the day (I'd love to come along).
I've been riding in the Forest for a few years and we always end up finding something new - Planning a route is very difficult but there is some good riding.
There is limited and expensive parking at the Station but there is a pub about a mile away with ample parking and a laiisez faire attitude called the Vale Royal Abbey Arms: http://www.vale-royal-abbey-arms-northwich.co.uk/
I'm happy to help out if required.
Simon.

Back