NWA: Rivington Re-visited ~ 21/01/12 - AFTERMATH (pg 6)

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA regional ride: Rivington Re-visited

rivington.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 21st January 2012
:: Distance/time: 15 miles / 5-6 hours riding, talking, eating.
:: Meeting at Knowsley Ln at 10am for 10:30am start.
[Free parking available on the road by the reservoir] please don't use pub car park
:: Directions: here PR6 9HA
:: Terrain: Well drained fire roads, rocky descents, and man made woodland single track.

Route Map Here

recce report, ride is split will uphill, down hill and level-ish, the initial descent from the tower is rutted and rocky, but changes to smooth track with the fairly tame and retro friendly, the Nab has man made trails and is just what you would expect.

Last Visited Thread Here

Cafe is well recommended :cool:

Unfortunately I'll be away at Kiran's mum's Birthday for the weekend, really enjoyed this ride last year too. Don't forget to look out for Blackpool Tower if it's a clear day! :D

i will stick this in the recovery ride to do list :oops:

will make sure im at my girlfriends in cumbria for this one, less miles to drive the better :p

You never know, I might just get off my butt and do this one. Easy for me, 35 minutes by train from Man Vic and then a couple of miles on the road. Excellent stuff :)

Now the dilemma - Which one do I bring??

Incidentally Cornholio, if you're not far from Manc you can always chuck in with me in the Banger of Explosive Doom, I'm just over by MOSI :D

Guess that would make me But Head... :roll:

That's a nice offer :)

I might just throw a triple onto the C-16 to remember what it's like. It's been on a Middleburn duo for so long now because it's my commuter that it would probably do it good to have a proper run out. Otherwise, fully rigid Stumpy might be interesting.

I live in Sale at the moment for my sins (moved from Stretford though so it meant I could get rid of the bike guard dog - oh and so I could put the nipper into a school for learning rather than one for scallies) but it doesn't take very long from there to get into town.

I shall keep your offer in mind for some of the mornings where it's a bit further away and the trains can't get me there in time (or without a 5am start :roll: )

Always keen for a natter & a share of the petrol bill ;) :LOL:

Would be a good ride for a rigid from what I remember of last year, can't go wrong really!

Could be tempted by this - even if I do live on the wrong side of the hill ;)

Mrs Ned has something on that day - so I'll be free, free I tell you...................... :roll:

After Cannock I've got the taste for off-roading again. But not for crashing........................... :oops:

Back