Grizedale New Years Day?

Rich Aitch

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone feeling like a ride at Grizedale on New Years Day morning? I'll be staying with friends over at Gt Langdale and we are planning to ride there, all being well.
Probably arriving for an eleven o'clock start-ish. Will probably ride in from the Coniston road as we'll be peddling down, rather than get fleeced for expensive buns and cake at the main carpark visitors centre, unless people want to meet there of course...

whats it like to ride?

i have been a few times recently but just for short walks, never rode it.

The long run from the top car park (High Cross and free) on the red is quite nice and so is a bridleway (unmarked on the forest maps) straight down after the red climb and that little bit after. Water running down it , very rocky, just point and belt it down avoiding the walkers, muHAHAHAHAHAHA Halfway down there is a drop as you cross a fire road, just keep the front end up at speed and avoid people.
Too much wooden board though as you expect with these trials. Pointless stuff, plenty of nice boggy ground under it to ride though.

Did it on my rocky bike earlier in the year.

No idea of the black, and the tracks are quite nice for a bimble.
Some of it will be very interesting in the ice though.

The waymarked walk and cycle maps are now on the web for download (pdf though)

Post in the NW area section see if anyone living there wants to go.

saltyman":2yarrlz7 said:
whats it like to ride?

i have been a few times recently but just for short walks, never rode it.

Didn't really rate the built stuff very much - sections of it are fun, but it's very bitty - but found some stunning trails over the road and then HarryCrumb guided us around possibly the best ride of last year, so 'very very nice indeed' would be my answer! ;)

Back