Any one up for a ride this Saturday 6th August??

giant-one

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As none of the usual gang can make a ride this Sat due to other commitments etc, I was planning on going for a local ish ride (billy no mates style :cry: ) and wondered if anybody was interested in joining me

The Dales, Gisburn etc are an option.

Give me a shout and we can maybe sort something out? :)

giant-one":1hjdve6g said:
As none of the usual gang can make a ride this Sat due to other commitments etc, I was planning on going for a local ish ride (billy no mates style :cry: ) and wondered if anybody was interested in joining me

I am a strong possible on this one, the wife is going to Sheff to watch Wednesday play, oh well, so I am free for something.

HarryCrumb":3uy3vc3i said:
giant-one":3uy3vc3i said:

I am a strong possible on this one, the wife is going to Sheff to watch Wednesday play, oh well, so I am free for something.

Martin, if you do come along you will have to go at my pace cos I sure as hell can't keep up with you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :roll:

What about doing a recce of the Dent ride? Never done it before and at least we'll know where we are going in a few weeks. :D

Or what about somewhere in the dales?

Have a think?

I could do with a ride. Have to pass it by her indoors but this is my only full day off in weeks. Dent would be great for me, I can get there on train. But would be pleased with anything.

:LOL: :D This may turn out to be a mini Retro ride but I won't be riding retro (saving that for Drum) :)

I have a good ride that we do starting and ending in Skipton if that makes getting there better?

70% off road 30% road ish.

Edd took Pete (Elpedro) on this route earlier this year and loved it. :)

There's 2 big climbs but one fast technical downhill and one awsome 30+mph 3mile downhiller near the end. I hit 34+mph last time and was buzzing at the bottom :LOL:

Could you perhaps map this ride for future reference? I occasionally meet up with an old mate who lives in Bingley, it would be good to have another 'middle ground' meeting point.

Nick C":1c6mo46a said:
Could you perhaps map this ride for future reference? I occasionally meet up with an old mate who lives in Bingley, it would be good to have another 'middle ground' meeting point.

I will be doing with ridewithgps

Job done.

Shall we meet at Ribble Head Station/Pub/Viduct at say 10.30 for 11am start or slightly later/earlier???

Back