drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA: Hobson Moor - East Manchester Moors ~ Saturday 11th June 2011

NWA-HobsonMoorRecce.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 11th June 2011
:: Distance/time: 10 - 12 Miles with various route options/approx 3-4 hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 10am. Ride starts at 10:30am. Free Parking on Hobson Moor Road at Hobson Moor Climbing Quarry. Matley near Hyde and Staleybridge.
:: Postcode: TBC. Grid Ref: SJ 989 967
:: Directions: 2 miles from the eastern end of the M67, off the A6018.
:: Terrain: Practically all off road, on a mixture of well surfaced , natural byways and some great sections of singletrack.

We'll be riding on Hollingworth Hall Moor. The weather and number of riders riding it will define exactly which route we take and the trails we ride. This is mrlee's local patch so he will be showing us around.

Please bring some food with you and be prepared if the weather is bad. It can be very exposed on the top of the moors.

Looking forward to this one!
Please sign up on this thread.

This ride comes highly recommended as Ive ridden in the area once or twice ;) :LOL: :LOL:
I'm going to do my best to get over for this one.

maybe see ya soon Vern

Gutted about this - right on my doorstep with Lee (and hopefully Vern) being number one choice for guides and I'm going to be in Bridgenorth at a Butterfly charity event...

Anyone top that as an excuse? :? :oops:

:shock: Whats going on :shock: is every one washing there hair :LOL: This is a fantastic place to ride with good road & rail excess,
cum on get ya name down for Stalyvegas singletrack ;)

kaya":1r3240r9 said:
:shock: Whats going on :shock: is every one washing there hair :LOL: This is a fantastic place to ride with good road & rail excess,

Listening to you pair gushing in the car on the way back from the 'Pines I could well believe this might be the ride that gets talked about for the rest of 2011! Heartbreaking I can't make it - not least of all because we'll have to go back without the safety net of RB ride etiquette to protect me from the lunatics! :shock:

elPedro666":3ox0hzvt said:
kaya":3ox0hzvt said:

Listening to you pair gushing in the car on the way back from the 'Pines I could well believe this might be the ride that gets talked about for the rest of 2011! Heartbreaking I can't make it - not least of all because we'll have to go back without the safety net of RB ride etiquette to protect me from the lunatics! :shock:

We could show you round one nite when I'm over working ;)

may count me in

maybe count me in its on my doorstep and a nice place to ride lets hope the weather is good.

Re: may count me in

g.millin":2e0tfee0 said:
maybe count me in its on my doorstep and a nice place to ride lets hope the weather is good.

The weather looks good and it will be good to meet you :cool:

Back