Llandegla forrest

supersutt

Dirt Disciple
hi does anyone take their bikes out to Llandegla forrest for a blast around the blackruns or do you stick to the red routes and leave the black runs for you newer bikes

Welcome supersutt.

We've had a couple of Retrobike meets at Llandegla over the past couple of years.
Both the red and black runs are pretty easy even on a fully rigid bike with canti brakes at Llandegla. The surface is very smooth and flowing there, so no problems at all.
If anything, sections of the lesser used blue route, which has a less smooth surface and flat, rather than bermed corners, is more of a challenge on an old bike.

Of course you can ride the trails there a bit quicker on a modern bike, but in general most of us had no trouble keeping pace with many of the 'modern' riders.

There are some Llandegla aftermath threads here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=534717
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120374

And here's elPedro666 'railing a gnarly berm to the maximum radcore' dude.

NWA-Llandegla-18.jpg

Other trail centres vary, but in general most black runs can be tackled on an old bike. Natural riding is often much more technical.

well you all look like you had fun that day i just wish i had the nerv to go and meet with people ive never meet before and have fun. i do all my riding solo mainly around chester my home town in the day cos i work nights and all my mate work days and not into MTBing.
i live about half an hour drive from Llandegla and willgo one day

Trust me that you will always be made more than welcome on Retrobike rides. Everyone is very friendly and relaxed, so I'm sure that you'll be fine.

Keep checking in here to find out what's happening near to you.

Just to add, I've only been on the one Retrobike ride and everybody was very friendly and welcoming. Far more so than in rides I'd had with established cycling clubs in the past.

They didn't mind waiting for me too much either :LOL:

As for 'degla, I rode it last year on a v-brake, springy bike and it was a doddle. I'd happily do it on my Timberline if I had to. It's a nice place to ride.

If you're in Chester, I presume you ride Delamere? Its a common place for me to visit

yes i do ride delemere with the famly mainly as my youngest is only six she love the idea of going out for a bike ride with her dad as for the wife she doesnt mind if the weather is fine i have famly who live in delemere(near delemere station) so we call in for coffee and cake after

Now that sounds very civilised - rides with coffee & cake planned in! :cool:

As Paul said - despite my own personal radness as shown above :oops: - the rides are always really chilled out affairs, even the Nationals :) You'd be made very welcome!

Really enjoy 'Degla, despite it's very manmade nature it's plenty of fun and the black's all rideable on the above bike ^^^ :LOL: Still just tend to get lost at Delamere but there's obviouslylots there to be found...

Hope to see you soon! :D

Oh, and the bacon butties are top drawer at Llandegla ;)

well it sounds fantastic to me i will try my hardest to make it there. most of my riding at the moment ,when riding alone is riding along the river Dee from Handbridge to Eccelston or sometimes a bit further on to Farndon/Holt then come hom via Rosset

elPedro666":2jdo0scz said:
Still just tend to get lost at Delamere but there's obviouslylots there to be found...

After 12 months I'm still finding new stuff there. Bit flat though.
Oh and I still get lost.

Back