Team Inner Chumps Training Log

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Get the Bob Jackson back from having a BB installed this week, will then go for the first ride of the year to assess motivation, fitness and skill levels... not optimistic.

On the plus side, I have decided on the bike squad for MM: Mantis XCR; Kona Hei Hei King Kahuna; Overbury's Pioneer and a ProFlex 857 (built for comfort). Will whittle these down to three come the event.

Attachments

• Inner Chimp.jpg
    Inner Chimp.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 768
After a winter filled with various lurgees, aches, pains and a general malaise, I've lost quite a bit of my fitness.

However the clocks will soon go forward and catapult me into a rapture of cycling late into the summer's evenings. By May I'll be like a bronzed Adonis, by June I shall be unstoppable.

Probably.

No Pete, you're just in the wrong thread.

The 'Unleash the Inner Chimp' team is all about the mental strategy, such as positive association and pre-visualisation.
Think well, ride well etc. All very zen.

I'm not sure what tactics your team 'Bear Necessities' will employ, but has EdEdwards sorted out the dates for your boot camp yet?
I hear they can destroy a man...

Perhaps your team captain should start training thread for your team...?

Our training methods are a secret, we'll be playing our cards close to our chest this year. Better that than spanking your monkey in public.

drystonepaul":2hl7zjd4 said:
I'm mostly working on my immune system this week by battling another cold.

This might be the very wisest of all methods... Not planning some germ-warfare I hope?! :shock:

An early indicator to our competitors' form and mindset was indicated by the recent NW+NW Clwydian Range ride.... Pete El Pedro, previously notable for his 'I'm sooooo unfit/can barely manage one lap of Mayhem' claims, proved to be a sandbagger of some magnitude as he stomped gleefully up the hills. Furthermore, he was heard to want to extend the ride in the name of 'training' and rumour has it that his penthouse suite in town has a turbo trainer in every room, including the sh*tter...

Gav - well, what has the Champ got to prove anyway? His dropping to the back of the peloton to check on his female chaperones then racing up to the front was another barely disguised training method, that continued throughout the day. Fartlek indeed...

The two Inner Chumps talked tactics, preferring to save their energies for race day, confident in the knowledge that, under Sinnett's captaincy and woeful strategic sense, the their team will implode before the Sunday papers arrive on site.

Back