Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NW&NWA Bike of the Region 2010

Okay so we all know that it's 2011, but the time has come, somewhat belatedly, to decide who will take the Bike of the Region crown for 2010.
In 2009 Woody suddenly appeared on the forum with his DeKerf Generation and took a deserving win.

new14_299.jpg

Poll here: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83740

Can Chris successfully defend his 2009 title amongst undoubtedly strong competition and my Saracen Sahara...?

2010 Submissions

All the 'Bike of the Ride' winners from 2010 get automatic entry, so we already have 13 bikes in the poll.
However everyone from the NW&NW area can openly submit up to two bikes.
So if you haven't won a Bike of the Ride award then you can still submit two bikes into the competition.
If any of your bikes have won a Bike of the Ride award, then they go in automatically and you can still enter another two bikes.

This means that HarryCrumb could have up to five bikes in the poll with his three Bike of the Ride winners along with his two open submissions. Clear?

The rules:
- Only two photos per bike entered please.
- Bikes entered last year can be entered again.
- Bikes must have been owned by the entrant at some point during 2010.
- No beards.

So let's see what you've got...

(and remember it's just for fun)

...and here's a reminder of the Bike of the Ride winners.

Roll of Honour:

NWA-Gisburn-044.jpg

Gisburn Forest - Raleigh Dyna-Tech - sinnett177 ~ decided by a small child during the ride.

033.jpg

Creme Egg - Llyn Brenig - 1993 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 - decided by a pub landlord after the ride, without even seeing the bikes.

NWA-MaccForest-April-018.jpg

Macclesfield Forest Part 2 - Proflex - OrangeEd71 (also won mechanical of the ride three times) ~ decided by some passing riders who took pity on it being repaired again during the ride.

3-tribes-017.jpg

Three Tribes - Kona Kilauea - volvo1980's mate Alex (Guest rider) ~ decided by a fellow rider shortly after the ride.

2010_050855100006.jpg

The Lake District - Coniston and Grizedale - 1993 Team Raleigh Dyna Tech - Sinnett177 again ~ decided by forum poll.

NWA-Clwydian-003.jpg

'Mr K's 'Scent of a Woman'- Clwydian Ranges - 1985ish Muddy Fox-before-they-were-Muddy Fox - MrK ~ decided by forum poll.

2010_0330ti0016.jpg

Rossendale Ride - 1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega - Sinnett177 ~ decided by forum poll.

2010_0828nwa0030.jpg

Whinlatter - Diamond Back - Velomaniac (MacRetro rider) ~ decided by passing modern riders.

Peaks2010057.jpg

Mr K's Peaks ride - Saracen - Kaya (also won mechanical of the ride) ~ decided on the basis of 'the next mechanical wins' during the ride.

NWA-Llandegla-20.jpg

Llandegla - Orange Clockwork - HarryCrumb ~ decided by the ride leaders during the ride.

NWA-MaccForest-October-06.jpg

The return of Macclesfield Forest - 1992 Kona Fire Mountain - MrLee ~ decided by forum poll.

NWA-Rivington-November-06.jpg

Rivington Pike - Saracen Tuff Trax - kaytronika ~ decided by ride leaders during the ride.

NWA-RomanLakes-December-09.jpg

Roman Lakes and Mellor Moor - Marin Team Titanium - HarryCrumb ~ decided by votes from all other riders at the end of the ride.

NWA-GoytValley-December-14.jpg

'The Chicken Chaser' - Buxton area - Kona Cinder Cone - HarryCrumb (again!) ~ decided by votes from all other riders/athletes, in a chippy during the ride.

NOTE: If any of the owners of these bikes would like to submit a better photo then please do.

oh well here goes then
IMAG0292.jpg

Photo009.jpg

my 1991 gt tequesta in purple haize and full suntour xc sport ,bdw2 pre 92 winner too.
NWA-Rivington-November-02.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

1991 alpine stars cromega dx , xt/xc pro groupset
cheers,
Lee.

OK

Two more up for me

The 1st is the Giant Escaper 1988, AKA "the shell suit (saved from the skip) bike"
P5240069-1.jpg

The 2nd is my 1987 Specialized Rockhopper, AKA "the £13.00 bike"
P8170003-1.jpg

...........and two more pics of the Marin Team ti, and the Clockwork Orange
P2160627-1.jpg

PA090190-1.jpg

Nice work Martin. That brings your tally to a respectable and potentially vote splitting 5 bikes.

I hope you know what you're doing...

drystonepaul":1a4d3wmx said:
Nice work Martin. That brings your tally to a respectable and potentially vote splitting 5 bikes.

I hope you know what you're doing...

Exactly

I'll try and hang on to my title with these entries.

s1-1.jpg

A better pic of my M2 for my automatic entry of bike of the ride at Lyn Brenig
rm12.jpg

rm13.jpg

1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard
002a.jpg

Yeti Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back