Thetford National Road Trip...

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Rd 2 - Thetford - Jan 23rd (Sunday)

It's been brought to my attention that Thetford is actually a 'bloody long way' from this end/side of the country, about 200miles & four hours, give or take. So at the end of the Chicken Chaser Martin (HarryCrumb) and I had wondered about getting a few likely individuals together to spread the cost and make it more of Big Day Out. Or even make a weekend of it perhaps?

We suggested either a couple of cars (perhaps one with people and I can carry 5-6 bikes without too much trouble), or even renting a mini-bus (with a roofrack or trailer?). Anyone donating the works van would obviously be well rewarded! ;)

Very much just testing to see who'd be keen, but guess we'd need to get sorted pretty sharpish!

So, who's game...? :twisted:

Im game, though cash is gonna be tight at that point of the month,

think my car would make it but would struggle fully loaded and would like to see what this thetford is all about ;)

I'm just going for the day, but have space for 1 additional bike and rider if required. I'll give mr_ship first dibs as we usually travel together and alternate cars. Will keep you posted if the place becomes available.

I think a roll call on who is going from the West would be good, then we'll have an idea on how things could be worked out etc.

I can prob only spare one day for this trip, so it's going to have to be an early set off I think.

I 've been to Wellingborough to the drag strip every year for the last 13 years and that journey takes 2 and a half hours.

Its 1 and a half hours from Kettering to Thetford so 4 hours each way is about right I think.

From Preston that is.

I'm up for the trip.
Google maps is giving the journey as 3 1/2 hours each way from Macclesfield.
It would be a there and back in the day for me too.

I can fit 12 people and 20 bikes in my enormous vehicle.

Oh no sorry I can't...

drystonepaul":3ac321s1 said:
I'm up for the trip.
Google maps is giving the journey as 3 1/2 hours each way from Macclesfield.
It would be a there and back in the day for me too.

I can fit 12 people and 20 bikes in my enormous vehicle.

Oh no sorry I can't...

:LOL: :LOL:

I was getting 4 hours from town, so that's about the same I guess. Looking like £60 of diesel in my banger, but I can do four peeps & bikes in relative comfort. Stereo's expired though... :cry:

Currently thinking of collecting Charlieboy on route, so that leaves two seats from this end.

HarryCrumb":3rohj3pq said:
I think a roll call on who is going from the West would be good, then we'll have an idea on how things could be worked out etc.

I can prob only spare one day for this trip, so it's going to have to be an early set off I think.

Seems a sensible way forward, and day trip seems to be the popular choice.
Probables so far then:

Me :roll:
Harry Crumb
DSP
Woody
CharlieBoy
Brocklanders? (and therefore Beavis...? :p :LOL: )

Roll up folks, book a seat! :cool:

Pete

Can I reserve a seat in your wagon please, and come to you and leave my not so economic Golf near your place?

HarryCrumb":1hw1a97a said:
Pete

Can I reserve a seat in your wagon please, and come to you and leave my not so economic Golf near your place?

You can put in my space in the garage, keep it dry & warm ;)

Latest posts

Back