NW&NWA Event: Whinlatter Saturday August 28th 2010

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Whinlatter Trail Centre, nr Keswick, Cumbria.

nw-whinlatter-alturatrail-mountain-bikers.jpg

Date and Time: 28 - August - 2010, 10am for a 1030 start, be aware car parking fees apply (coin operated machine), from memory I think its £3 for the day.
Meeting Point: The Cycle Shop, this is located behind the cafe.
Location: B5292 between Keswick and Cockermouth, the postcode for Sat Nav users is CA12 5TW. Grid NY209246.
Terrain: Rocky, rooty and testing in places. There are plenty of altitude changes so expect climbs and downhills.
Route: The plan of the day is to complete the North Loop (6 miles all off road and red difficulty (with black section options)) and then have some lunch. Those wishing to continue will then complete the South Loop (5.5 miles all off road and red difficulty (with black section options)). If anyone then fancies a little cool down on the blue route (4.6m all off road and blue difficulty), i'm sure you won't be alone.

A copy of the trail map can be found here. This is a seriously scenic ride, so fingers crossed the weather will be good.

For those without a bike ready, cycle hire is available from the Cyclewise Whinlatter, tel 01768 778711 for a trail centre special :D

Hope to see you there, please declare your interest below if you fancy joining in.

I'm a very positive maybe for this as its my favourite bit of Englandshire and only 120plus miles from me via some scenic roads.

Velo

I won't make this one Sinnett but It is quicker for me to get to keswick than it is to get to Kirroughtree so I'll keep an eye out for future runs.

Yep me too work permitting.

Is Woody bringing along that old Yeti? Be a good shakedown for it :D

it's been a few months since I've been around Whinlatter so this could be fun. Are lard buckets allowed, or do we have to sit in the cafe and watch the whippets do circuits?

Nick C":2oxevlvf said:
it's been a few months since I've been around Whinlatter so this could be fun. Are lard buckets allowed, or do we have to sit in the cafe and watch the whippets do circuits?
Lard buckets are very welcome, we only go as fast as the slowest man and no one gets left behind. Be great to have you along Nick.

I intend to take my Kona which is semi-retro.

Also if it helps, I know the people who now run the Farmers Arms in Portinscale.

EarlofBarnet":29ykzh7j said:
Are you all riding retro bikes?

I'm sure most of us will be, but you are of course welcome to ride a modern bike. We will insist that you provide cake and refreshments if you do though...

Back