knutsford / northwich area? Macc Forest ride - 17/10/10

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Since getting back into this bike lark I could really do with a drop or two of motivation. theres nothing better than going out on your own for a couple of hours and getting bugs in your eyes, mud in your ears and finding a new muscle to pull apart from going out for a couple of hours with someone to laugh at you when you inevitably go headfirst over the handlebars!!!

where and when do the cheshire based members of the retro world ride?

Hello jax13.
I'm in Macclesfield along with a few other members and riders on here.
Having Macclesfield Forest just up the road means I spent plenty of time in and around there as well as heading further a field.

I ride as much as I can both modern and retro. In fact I'm off out for a ride in about half an hour. Working from home has it's benefits...

You're quite welcome to join us.

cheers for that paul, the gaffer is away on holiday for the best part of 3 weeks so time off isn't going to be easy till next month but if its ok by you, i'll give you a shout when i've got a bit more free time.

just out of interest, do you tend to ride weekends, through the week or just whenever you feel like it?!!

No worries. I ride all year and get out whenever I can, weekdays, evenings and weekends. I don't have any sort of fixed riding schedule.
I do however go out most Friday evenings for a night-ride and beer with a few mates, and there's another group of riders who go out on Thursday evenings who I also sometimes join in with when I can.
There are also the 'official' retrobike rides too which tend to be all day affairs at the weekend all over the North West.

Basically let me know when suits you and I'll get a few of us out together locally.
In fact I may organise a little ride over here again soon...

sounds good, paul.

in the vain hope i'm not sounding like a complete wimp - what sort of distances do you normally do? i'm still in the process of trying to get myself fit, nothing more than a 10 mile jaunt at the moment but i am gradually increasing it week on week.

macc

Hi, i live in macclesfield and went up to macc forest. I saw a lot of tracks but a lot where signposted for walkers only. So the question is where in macc forrest do you bloody ride? I would be interested in meeting up for a ride at some point as well if there is ever a get together.

Cheers Stuart

Hello Stuart. There is plenty of good riding in and around Macc Forest. I try to get up there as much as possible, in fact I've just got back in from a night ride.
How's about a ride this weekend? I'll show you some of the trails if you like.

Paul

Im meant to be working all of this weekend but im sure i can fit in a ride next weekend or next week in the late afternoon if your interested??

Back