Whinlatter 03/07/10 - Which bike?!

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I fancy a hammer around Whinlatter tomorrow, but can't decide which bike to take! I can give the trails a bit more stick on my Mantra, but quick fancy attacking the climbs on my Stumpy.

Most confused!

Last time I rode there i took a full rigid alpinestars cro-mega, loved it as it made it a real challenge. Suspension will certainly have its benefits around there though!

Ended up riding Dent on the Mantra. Was a bit of a tart and decided not to take the Stumpy out in the rain...

Sounds a good choice, thinking of putting a ride on at Whinlatter later in the year. Its a cracking trail and give people options to just do one face, two faces or both faces and the blue route (which I think is great fun).

It's well worth doing all three routes, as they all have their good sections. I usually ride the South Red, then the North Red, finished off with the Blue.

sinnett177":1og3xos0 said:
Sounds a good choice, thinking of putting a ride on at Whinlatter later in the year. Its a cracking trail and give people options to just do one face, two faces or both faces and the blue route (which I think is great fun).

Mark.

I'll be up for a ride round whinlatter and I think Beavis and Brocklanders will come too as I've been trying to get them up there since I went in Dec last year. Just did the lower loops and south face as we were short of time and road 26 mile round Grizedale the day before. It took me nearly 30 min to the top and only 7min to get back down. :roll: Awsome place though

We'll look at the calender and see where this can be fitted in. Possible dates might be August 28th/29th, but OWMTBC commitments pending.

Back