NWA: Lake District - 08/05/10 'AFTERMATH'

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA-Lakes-003.jpg

Great ride, great weather, great scenery, great bikes and great company. I could tell you more but you really had to be there.

Sinnett177 broke his rear wheel and had to gently roll back down on the road to Coniston just before we hit the edge of Grizedale Forest.

So only 3 people turned out; myself, Sinnett and HarryCrumb.

It's a shame that so many people missed out on a brilliant route which was made even better by Mr Crumb's local knowledge. I was riding my Dyna Tech again and he was riding a lovely 1992 GT Avalanche and only managed to get three punctures to my none.

I know I said that I wouldn't say any more, but the route was so much fun on a fully rigid canti braked bike that I only wish we could've kept riding until sunset. My energy reserves had faded though by about 5pm despite the huge Bacon and Brie Ciabatta, extra loops and sensational flowing singletrack additions.

Well worth a return visit.

Gutted to retire mid way through this ride, but with a badly damaged rim I had no choice really.

Stunning views, trails and great company as always. A definate for a return visit.

Bad luck Mark. I guess all these retro parts will eventually wear out.
I'm gutted I missed this ride, seems it was so good the camera only came out once :p

only managed to get three punctures to my none.

Thanks for the reminder

Great photo it really came out well

Iam sure we'll get Mark out there again for the full job.

Shame i couldn't make. But i just couldn't make the 4 am train to get there. :roll:

Just ordered some new rims for the Raleigh, soon as I have them built up i'll be back for more!

Heres a couple of pics of the damage:

2010_050855100003.jpg

2010_050855100001.jpg

We took the tyre off and bent the rim back into some sort of shape. Then marked the ends of the crack to show if it was getting worse, to be fair the crack had'nt enlarged by the time I got back to Coniston.

2010_050855100019.jpg

2010_050855100006.jpg

Sorry i missed this one guys !! After doing a shed load of overtime last week i needed to recharge the batteries ! Will definately make it for the return visit !!

Unlucky about the rim Mark :( , i'm sure my front rim on my dekerf is ready to do the same !!

Was gutted not to be able to make this but still on docs orders not to ride :roll:
As soon as I get out again I'm gonna do this route.

Back