Sat 5th Peaks Retro Road Ride

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
10:00 roll-out Saturday 5th May
50-55 hilly miles
Pub-stop at the Manifold Inn, well past halfway so you'll have earned it! I'd recommend a good breakfast or three...

Errwood Hall Car Park,
Buxton SK17 6SX

https://goo.gl/maps/mC9bXQgy7zD2

Following on from the brilliant Cumbria ride recently I thought it was about time to show what the Peaks has to offer! There's no one major climb* but the route is a hilly little beast throughout, fifty-ish miles predominantly on quiet back lanes, taking us from beautiful valleys to fantastic sweeping panoramas. Not what I'd consider an easy route but well worth the grovelling and sweating :LOL:

You need to approach the meet point from the north as it becomes oneway immediately after the carpark. Don't enter the one-way!!! Carpark is on your right just before the blue arrow signs...

Look forward to showing you what's to offer in these parts!

*maybe the one up to the Roaches...
*or the grovel of Crowdecote
*or...

EDIT
For anyone considering public transport (Ken!) Buxton Station isn't far from the start but to save your legs we can convene at the Cat&Fiddle if that's easier. Obviously you don't get this kind of nannying treatment if you're training for LEJOG though... :p

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 7,375
Re:

Formerly expressing interest. Well, tentatively!

#canigooutotplayadayafteranniversary

Mike

jackosbournesnr":c5crffj2 said:
I'm not coming. I don't know why I'm looking up train times from Glasgow to Buxton though...

:LOL: Top man! Fingers crossed it's dry enough to bring something flamboyant...

Latest posts

Back