lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi i have a make who needs a bike but unfortunately has very little spare cash. Looking for something around 18 inch and mostly complete. He is competent at setting bikes up and i have a load of spares so doesn't matter if its a bit shonky or needs a wheel here and there. Looking for something very cheap as i'm probably buying it! I can arrange courier if that helps? I.ve got my eye on something on ebay so might be sorted but in the meantime, whats out there?

Schwinn

Hi Lewis,

I have a Schwinn Mesa 99 I think and 18 inch but need to check that, resprayed black, full 8 speed deore drivetrain aprt from stx shifters, lx v brakes and levers, handsome dog forks vgc, brand new orbitxl2 headset, specialized grips, one of them v groove saddles, smica stem(new), raceface bars( as good as new)all in very good order, bad things are bald tyres, but could throw in brand new semi slicks, oh and rear hub is a screw on thing,

change the shifters and cassette and its a nine speed though,looking for about 130 ono, if you arrange courier.

let me know if you want any more details

charlieboy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Complete c. 1991 (white with smoke pattern) Diamond Back Ascent in good near original condition, 20" but is more like a 19" as it has a relatively short head tube: £80 plus postage

Just won a Marin Hawk Hill for my mate who has now decided he doesn't want it :roll: :evil:

He's looking to get back what he paid so it's £64 + postage.

Think it's about a '97 and it's yellow. Forks need attention but rest of the bike is in really quite good nick. :cool:

Cool. Some good offers. I think the diamond back might be a bit big, the ddg isn't really suitable. The mesa offer looks and sounds great but is a more than i can spare. Marin sounds interesting. What fork is it? Anything else?

Not sure what fork it is but I guess it's lower end judging by the rest of the gear. Tidy condition though.
Not sure of the size but it looks around on 18". Can get proper measurements etc + pics if required. :D

make me an offer on the mesa lewis, i can only say no,lol

if you got loads a bits, I could remove the front end and brakes, I just have no love at all for that aluminum frame you see

charlieboy

Back