Bullseye Cranks - New Bearings & Spacers needed

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Bullseye Cranks - New Bearings & Spacers needed, mine are a bit wobbly now and gear changes are really rough.

I'm consdering importing shims from the states and fitting a new XTR Hollowtech BB if I can't get any. Has anyone done this?

Hi Ken
i got a set of bearings from a bearing shop, they used to be dear, but now they should be pretty cheap, just get the info of the old bearings and call them, should be a few suppliers in the phone book.

All,

Problem is the original Bullseye bearings that are threaded are not a sealed bearing unit, the whole thing is one item, basically the bearings run on a central sleeve and this is Cir-clipped in place.

Pace ~ guess you mean the RC100 ones, they were a sealed unit that could be pressed into the frame and fairly easy to replace

The Original ones are a totally different kettle of fish :)

This is the info I got from stateside - Desperado Cycles Wisconsin

Thanks for the help, gil_m, I'm waiting on the mtbr server coming back up but here is were I found the shims http://www.desperadocycles.com/index.html.

The Bullseye link is near the top right - he makes shims for XTR hollowtech but recommend you buy the BB from him to guarantee fit. Sounds good and a small sacrifice to keep my cranks alive.

"Thank you for your inquiry. I ship more units to Europe than to folks here
in the USA.

shipping to europe is an additional $10.

Gil_m - thanks for the mtbr link, I think I'll skip sending off my cash to the states it sound like Jalon at Desperado has his "dissadvantages" Do you still have shims available?

Thanks Gil got them today, - much better looking than desperado's not that you see them when fitted, and at least half the price.

Back