Bonty canti stud / machine shop help

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Odd request but I need some help from someone with access to drills/saws/bits and bobs...

My bonty forks are missing a stud and, as I'm sure most of you know, these were unlike most fork studs in that they didn't thread into the forks but were hollow shells that were bolted into place by the same bolt that held the canti on.

So either I need a nice person with a bonty stud to sell it to me (please!), or some one with a normal stud to sell me that and then another nice person who's got a drill and a saw to saw off the threaded bit at the base the stud and then drill the stud through removing all the internal threads and stuff.

Anyone? I'll be eternally grateful and stuff :D

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete
Bonty1 found a guy in the states that is supplying him with a set.
I e-mailed him a couple of days ago but recieved no reply yet.
His e-mail address is Brad@nemesisproject.com

Bonty1 is getting a set for £20 If you get contact I am also in need.

Easy to do, just need a drawing!

Anyone got one?

Actually thinking about it, how would people feel about having a "shop" on here where parts like this can be got? As a quick guide 4 x canti post would be £10, posted to UK.

There's a pic at the bottom of this page showing one next to a normal brake stud. The bonty one just has the threaded section cut off and has all the internal threads drilled out (or not there in the first place - depends whether its an original part or a botch like I'm after!!)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=243492&highlight=bontrager+brake+bosses

beyond that, I'm not much cop at the technical drawings or CAD stuff, maybe I need to put another wanted message for some one whose actually good at using a mac!

Cheers,

Pete

Back