Old Style Hope Big'Un QR Converter. (Or old style QR Big'Un)

racedoctor

Old School Hero
Hi All,

I'm trying to find an QR converter for an old style big'un thats currently set up to run a 20mm axle. I ordered what I thought was going to be the correct item from Leisure Lakes the other day and have received it but it does not fit.

I telephoned Hope directly and explained the situation. They advised that my hub is one of the first ones and they no longer make the QR convertors for them.

So the item I have for the newer type is two long cups that screw into each other with a 25mm diameter. Hope say I need a thing that looks an XC axle and replacment bearings... So I need those parts are old Old style Big'Un that I can take the parts from.

a lad on decent world has one (i think there are no pics)

but the site is down

i sold mine as i no longer had a use for it
it went for stupid money on e bay

i had an axle made up for mine years ago. Anyone good with a lathe could do it

boxxer":3pnajmcw said:
That would be me.....

Hit me up with an offer, will dig it out from the toolkit

There are brand new ones on ebay currently for just shy of £50 posted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOPE-BIGUN-Front-Disc-Hub-32h-Silver-NOS-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ250439436180

I want to stick with mine as it's blue and £50 is a lot just for taking out the axel etc.

Are you selling the axel and bearings or a complete hub? Are you sure its the old style like in the auction picture? I guess I could offer £30 if its in good condition?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back