Manitou three elastomere set

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As in title, it's for a friend, would prefer a set for the heavy rider ;)
must be new or very close to new,
cheers Roy

FluffyChicken said:
Or the other option is springs
http://www.wings-suspension.de/manitou.html may be others out there as well. I've had no dealings with them.
Thse who know me know that I don't usually post strong words, but having as you've pointed out, spent not an onconsiderable amount od cash on parts for a very old fork, I can confirm that these kits are sh!t.
Kit one, even the soft, rock hard. Doesn't look like elastomer to me! More thickwall pipe. . .
Wings kit, f'kin dangerous. . . there isn't a way to hold the bush retaining washers in place (other than improvising yourself with 6mm o-rings)when you put the springs in. The kit reccomends you leave them off. Then the lower bushes will fall off and you havea whole world of wear and trouble.
And soft? Soft for train buffer springs. Blooming hard for a bicycle. Couple that with NO damping. The kit is tragic.

Thanks for the info guys, just looking for something/someone EU/UK based for a set of replacement elastomeres as the old ones are 100% dead :cool: ,don't care too much about performance as these forks di'dn't have that anyway :D

Back