1" threaded blah blah blah - NOW SORTED THANKS

Mike

Retro Guru
.....you know, the one where the headset has a spacer which doubles as a bracket for the front brake cable so I can use canti front brakes.

Please let me know what you have.

Cheers

Mike

canti hanger

Hi Mike,

the solution i found was one of these mucho cheapo too and fits onto any headset,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZOOM-CANTI-BRAKE- ... 286.c0.m14

dont know if what size headset you are after but this guy has sizes for both 1 inch and 1 1/8,

you may need to watch how much thread you have available on your forks and the stack height of the headset, shimano's have quite a high stack height, and you might run out of thread, thin kyou can even swap out the washer/spacer ring with the hanger though.
there is an M part threaded headset on i think chain reaction cycles with the lowest stack height i have found, but its pricey about £30,

hope that helps

Charlieboy28

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers Charlie

that looks like the solution. I have lots of stack height availale as I'll need to the the forks down to fit whatever headset I end up with, so I'll go for a tall one to have more flexibility if I ever want to go smaller in the future.

Mike

are you still looking for a threaded headset? i have a very nice Campagnolo headset laying around. very nice and very smooth.

15€ + postage

greetz

All sorted now thanks, though I'd rather have had the Campag one than the one I've just ordered! :cry:

that's a shame. but maybe you can sell the one you've just ordered and still buy the campa from me.....

hahahahahaha.....

greetz

Latest posts

Back