1" threaded fork

How long does the steerer need to be?

I've got a lovely light Cannondale Pepparoni with a silly short 127mm steerer!

I think that would do, the tube and the headset are approx 125mm. Its only a little bike. Can you send a pic?

thanks

Thanks for all the offers, I will wait for pics before i select if thats ok. Just a little advice please: the head tube is 85mm and with the headset stack and the top part of the bottom race (? is that the right term?) it measures 125mm total. I am assuming the very bottom part of the headset comes stuck to the fork or am i deluding myself? will i need to buy a new headset? javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Sorry - didn't get pics last night - will do tonight.

The pepperoni's are 127mm steerer - my headtube is 100mm and these are about 5mm too short so it sounds like they would fit your frame (with 85mm).

Pepperoni's are a big beefy looking Aluminium fork - sometimes described as "harsh" - they are pretty light at less than 800g, but they could look pretty wrong on some bikes.

Black with splatter paint if that helps.

This is going to look very wrong indeed on a little red rockhopper :?

yzz29n.jpg

yzz29m.jpg

yzz29p.jpg

I have a set of 1" forks off a 17" 1993 Rockhopper. The forks are very scruffy and could do with a re-spray, but for the price of postage (£5-£10?), you can have them. They're metallic purple at the moment. Send me a PM if you want a pic.

Back