Wanted - bars annodised blue, silver or Ti (sourced cranks)

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After completing my build, I now want to make it more retro and a bit more bling so looking for some blue bars, bolts (crank, bottle bosses and any others) and a good retro crankset (XTR quality as that's what the rest of the bike has). Would be happy to trade or part with cash, have various items both retro and modern.

Looking to complement my stem, h20, DCD, use seatpost.

Have a ringle anti-chainsuck thing in blue if anyone is interested (doesn't fit on an RTS), some retro hope and LX hubbed wheels, Xt chainset (7 speed), carbon cadex frame, 8 speed XTR sti units (no windows though) and other parts.

Help me on my quest for retro bluedom.

Thanks

Ian

Re: crankbolts, chainring bolts and bottle cage bolts, these are easily had of ebay/Chain reaction cycles etc.....

That's exactly the colour I have chosen for highlights to my latest project, gotta love ano blue (but purple is ALWAYS the favourite)

Cheers, though it seems cheating to get them from CRC. Re. the purple, I had loads of it back in the early 90s, but all I have left now is a set of very faded wheel skewers - why and how did that happen?

ishaw":2gr39pnw said:
Cheers, though it seems cheating to get them from CRC.

I know, I feel the same way, but sometimes its cheaper to get it from there..... I get exhausted trailing through classifieds etc

Although thats the fun isn't it ;)

I guess the technical term is bump. Would also consider swap for mint (if they have done 10 miles, I'll be surprised as they are on my RTS-1 garage (shed) queen that I have barely ridden since building, and that is only to Tooting common and back a couple of times, and that takes about 2 mins all in from my house) XTR M960 cranks and BB, though the retro cranks would have to be of similar quality.

Ian

OK, have sourced some cranks so now need retro bars - no need for them to be blue any more (though would not hurt), but looking for something silver-ish, or Ti.

Cheers

Ian

Back