Cannondale pepperoni forks (dont laugh)

cheesey

Senior Retro Guru
Anyone got a set???? :LOL: :shock:

To go on a 93 SM800 'Dale frame

Don't care about colour, paint condition etc, just NNEEEEEED a set!

WHY?

I've got a set, 1 1/4" shortish steerer IIRC a kind of dark green fade with a wee bit of cable rub. PM me if intersted, I always miss wanted adds replies.

I think (please correct if I am wrong) SM's are based on a 1" head tube

If it is a '93 model then it is a M series then could be based on a 1 1/4" headtube. Certainly a M800 "Beast of the East". I think the lower end models such as the M400 / 500 were based on 1" headtubes.

forx

i have a one inch pepperoni fork with plenty of steerer. i thought nobody would want it? pm me if you like. cheers

Heres the frame in question.......

cimg1034202.jpg

Can't make out what steerer is from here, its a '92 frame though

It has a FSA Pig headset which I believe is only available in 1 1/8th or 1.5" - or am I wrong?

But being a large frame it has a long H'Tube

Let me find out and I'll be in touch ;)

Righto, I am confused now.... :LOL:

What I can't work out is that it has a FSA Pig Headset, they don't come in 1.25" flavour??

Only 1 1/8th and 1.5"...... I have double and treble checked this, also I have them on some of my modern bikes...

So it's defo NOT a 1", we can confirm that.......

The only problem is, that if it is a 1 1/4" headtube...

a) How is a 1 1/8th headset fitted

b) it's going to be a pain to get fork isn't it?

Strange!!!

Sorry for all the newbie questions!

Cheesey

:)

pepperoni

i saw a wall of them the other day. they all need to be repainted as they have been outside in a rainforest on an island on the west coast of b.c. there seems to be all flavours of the fork. it is where i found my one inch fork. if interested pm me. cheers, j

Thanks Juiceboxx - may well be in touch!!!

UPDATE: It is indeed a 1 1/8th headtube (was on original correspondence with seller DOH!)

:oops:

cheesey":7k7qyhb7 said:
Thanks Juiceboxx - may well be in touch!!!

UPDATE: It is indeed a 1 1/8th headtube (was on original correspondence with seller DOH!)

:oops:
Nope. Won't be 1 1/8 unless he's running reducers. Don't mean to sound like I'm being 'strong', but 1" or 1 1/4" of that era. I *THINK* '92 was the changeover, so that'll be 1 1//4. Ask the guy to measure the headset across the flats. If its 32mm, its 1", 36 its 1/8 (ie he's reducing a one and a quater setup), and 40mm its 1 1/4"

Latest posts

Back